Need selling advice

cyber_nicco

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Due to significant financial need, I have to sell my beloved FZ. I haven't really put it on the market because I've been in denial about selling it, and am close to bringing it to a dealership as they are interested and they can give me money in about 20 minutes.

Here's the rub, they want to give me "about $3,000" for it, but my gut tells me it's worth a fair bit more. I just want to feel okay about selling it, so I'm looking for some feedback from you guys (and gals).

It's a black, 2008 FZ6(c). It's always been garaged and well maintained (synthetic oil, etc), but does have a small bit of road-rash (about the size of a half-dollar) on the corner of the fairing upper. It's pretty invisible unless one is really inspecting the bike. That, and it definitely needs tires (rear, at least).

What do you guys think? Is $3,000 fair considering the convenience? Or can I get another $1,000 or $1,500 pretty easily? Keep in mind that San Francisco (where I am) is a pretty high-price area.

Thanks a lot for any help you might have,

Nicco

Sean1274

Reaction score
Visit site
The Kelly blue book value for excellent condition is $5015 in Alaska.
The trade in value was $3450. You could check Kelly blue book for your area, but I bet it will be about the same.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great forum!

Well yeah...now you say hello..Jokiing! :BLAA:

Mileage might have an influence on what you get. I really don't get involved with Dollar to worth on the FZ6. I personally think it is one of the most awesome all round bikes you could own. You may not get more from a dealer but if it's low miles and in decent shape I believe you could get more privately.

Good luck and please take a minute to look at our marketing rules while selling your bike here. :)

http://www.600riders.com/forum/site-announcements/2807-forum-rules.html

Everyone is welcome regardless of bike or not to hang with this great group of members!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: I would think you could get $4k for that bike if you sale it yourself.:thumbup: