TS seat shape: long or standard

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking for a little insight as I'm about to order a TS seat for my belated birthday.

I think I've settled on materials, etc. but I'm struggling with the seat shape. The long option detracts about 3cm from the pillion section to give the rider a little more room.

On the stock, Im against the tank but not terribly squashed. I do occasionally ride with my GF on the back but mainly ride solo. As of this writing, I'm 6'2" 220 lbs.

I tried writing the company but somethings get lost in the translation. Their response is pretty much "Duh" material:
" Hello,

With the new backrest, it will reduce a little bit the space on the
rider seat so that it could be good to select the "long" option.

Best regards,

Top Sellerie"

:)

Can any of you that have the TS weigh in on what you went with, why, and how it's fitting?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and happy New Year!

Scorp

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
if you ride a lot solo i d take the long option, especially if your pillion is on the dainty side, he/she could afford a bit of shorter passenger pad for the two up stints. i bet she wouldnt find much difference.

if your pillion is heavy (like me) i d keep the standard option. But anyhow if it is for short rides with a heavy pillion i dont think he/she would complain either, on the longer rides yes she might feel cramped on the shorter seat.

i too like a ts seat but with the shorter height, i can t afford to shorten he pillion pad as she is burly

hope it helps a bit

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you ride a lot solo i d take the long option, especially if your pillion is on the dainty side, he/she could afford a bit of shorter passenger pad for the two up stints. i bet she wouldnt find much difference.

if your pillion is heavy (like me) i d keep the standard option. But anyhow if it is for short rides with a heavy pillion i dont think he/she would complain either, on the longer rides yes she might feel cramped on the shorter seat.

i too like a ts seat but with the shorter height, i can t afford to shorten he pillion pad as she is burly

hope it helps a bit

That's basically where the dilemma lies. My pillion isn't dainty as she is 6 feet, but she isn't heavy either. We rarely go on rides longer than an hour together; most of the riding is definitely solo. I'd just hate to have a ride come up and then have her uncomfortable.

Having never sat on a long version, I was just wondering if people felt the extra room a benefit. I know on the Fz1 site many swear by the long version but that is a completely different seat.

Thanks for the insight.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk