two brothers vs leo vince vs scorpion vs ...?

sweetfreedom

Reaction score
Visit site
Now that my bike is fixed (worn killswitch would kill my bike at 4000 rpms) and I can finally ride, I am in the market for a nice sounding exhaust system to raise awareness of my presence on the road. Yes the cages attack with fury it seems and my stock exhaust does little to scare them off. I have spent hours watching YouTube videos but ive come to the conclusion that they are not doing these systems any justice. So I turn to you guys with all kinds of experiences to educate me in what would be the best exhaust system. I'm aware that these are all opinions and it really comes down to personal preference but I'm sure a particular system is more popular than others for good reason. So which is it?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the search button...make sure you use the google search function too, seems to be the most helpful.

P.S. i would have put two bros exhausts in titanium or CF on if i'd gotten a Fazer... that'll get added to my garage next season though :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Sweeney_Todd

Reaction score
Visit site
I've noticed that there are three brands which are the most popular.

1) Leo Vince
2) Two Brothers
3) Scorpions

You'll be happy with any of those. they sound different but equally nice.
I got 2bros because they were on sale, they come with a fender eliminator and turn signals, and I like how they look.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess we'll turn this into another exhaust brag thread!

Leo Vince for me. Very happy with the sound and the ability to tone it down a little with the (included) db killers.

I don't suppose you could go wrong with any of these 3 but there are quite a few more to choose from.

As a prior post said, read that gingunda thread for the most complete disussion anywhere on this forum

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think there are any real mechanical differences making one better than the other. I have Scorpions and am real happy with the fit and finish of them. They look great and sound better. I guess it depends on the bikes color and what look the best on them. I have a silver and black FZ6 and my pipes are stainless steel. Looks like that's what it would have came with from the factory.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
All three are great systems, but when it came down to it the look and tone of the TwoBros is what did it for me. They have a much deeper sound from what I've heard of all of them, but they all sound great. haha

DSC05941.jpg

Last edited:

sweetfreedom

Reaction score
Visit site
wow that's a great link humperdinkel.. I was hoping for a discussion exactly like that. I did do a search but was dissatisfied with the results.. of course i never did get that particular post as a result.

After all the reading I will be going two brothers. they do look nice however i don't like the fact that it seems like its the only one that requires "repacking"... for charging more you'd think they'd make them with higher quality than that. I am considering the Leos as well since they come with a cat eliminator.. but what exactly is the benefit of doing this since no other manufacturer does it?

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my pitch for the Leo's. You get cans, mid pipe and cat elim pipe. and oh yeah you get db killer inserts.

with the 2 bros you have to get a fender elim kit and all those extras above you have to pay extra for.
with LV you can reuse the old one if you want. LV is lower priced than the 2 bros. I hear the 2 bros are louder thus requiring the need for inserts, which you have to pay extra for.

Ultimately I don't think you could go wrong with any of these choices, they will all sound good.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i got my 2bros, fender kit, lights, etc on ebay for $250 shipped in mint condition. They sound amazing, especially with one p1 tip and one p1x tip. they are not too loud at all.

sweetfreedom

Reaction score
Visit site
that's an awesome price.. the cheapest i've found for the base aluminum is 639 + shipping on amazon. perhaps I'm not looking in the right places. where are the steals at (yes i've checked ebay)? :D

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that's an awesome price.. the cheapest i've found for the base aluminum is 639 + shipping on amazon. perhaps I'm not looking in the right places. where are the steals at (yes i've checked ebay)? :D

I just kept searching generic terms "fz6 exhaust" and even just "fz6" and sorting by highest price and looking through the items from there. If you sort by lowest price you have to go through tons of 99 cent items and other crap. Search main ebay not just ebay motors. you would be amazed how many people list the good items in wrong categories or misspell the item names so they are hard to find doing searches.

sweetfreedom

Reaction score
Visit site
Stainless/titanium or carbon??

Make sure you post pics when it's done :cheer:

I got the stainless (want the sound but I'm trying to be as cheap as possible) doesn't look bad at all though not nearly as nice as the carbon but for 150 less i can live with stainless :)

and will do! pipes should be in tomorrow or day after