Universal head lamp conversion relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
OK Motogiro. I need to make the headlamp mod very badly. Please PM me with what I need to do and how to pay, etc. I'll be eternally grateful. I hate the one-eyed look. Bad fashion, and not nearly enough warning to pedestrians, even in daytime!
- - - Jim (newbie only to FZ6)

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Did this mod today. Really liked the workmanship and the thought that was evident in the parts/kit. Took my time, but everything installed readily with a minimum of fuss. Tested fine. Looks great. Now don't have to run high beams on in the daytime, just to be seen. Thanks Cliff!

Here are a few tricks I found helpful, in addition to Cliff's pictorial and instructions:
1. My 2007 FZ6S2 has a total of 4 screws to remove the inner fairing panel (2 high above the instruments at the windscreen mounts, and 1 to each side of the instruments).
2. When opening the headlamp plugs with a small screwdriver, and holding the headlamp plug as in Figure 5 in Cliff's pictures, I found that pushing the tab "down" (toward the "floor" of the "tunnel" into which you insert the screwdriver blade) quickly released the back of the headlamp plug.
3. To release the connector from the headlamp plug, I first used a small finishing nail to push into the center of the small slot shown in Figure 6 of Cliff's pictures, to unlock the tab of the connector. Then while leaving the nail in place to hold the tab in the "unlocked" position, it was easy to simply push the connector out of its slot with the blade of a small screwdriver.
- - - Jim

Most problems can be solved with a suitable application of throttle!

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Just did the head lamp conversion and it looks so much better! Install was quick and easy and I couldn't be happier! Thanks so much Motogiro.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing I forgot to ask was if anyone had noticed any excess drain on their battery after doing this mod?

I have had the Mototgiro headlight mod for a couple of years now and have not noticed any excess drain on the battery. Every time I fire it up, I look forward to having both lights illuminated - For sometimes it is far better to have someone see you than it is to see yourself. :thumbup:

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
Call me dense, but I think I might have missed the point about this.

What's the purpose of the relay? Is this a NO relay and cutting power to the left side H7 bulb when you switch to high beam?

IE dual low beams alla ever other duel headlight mod and single high beam whilst killing the left side low beam?

Status
Not open for further replies.