Urgent!! Front end binding after tire swap?!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If the tire was mounted at the shop, they know how to do it right (hopefully).
Nitro, check the arrow direction on a tire.

Mistakes happen.

The shop I buy tires from, I've known the mechainic for over two decades. He puts tape on the rim with an arrow for the correct direction.

As for trusting "the shop", I'll check his work as well as mistakes do happen. I would strongly urge the OP (and anyone else) to check this as it only takes 30 seconds to do.

I've seen too many screw up's from BIG name, brand shops and "professional" mechainic's (from the top 3 Japenese dealers) in the past 20+ years.. Had to threaten a law suit with Honda as I had a major oil leak AFTER a warranty repair on my old Goldwing(2004), several O-rings pinched, the clutch cover had a MAJOR NICK in it causing a puddle of oil overnight (yes, from a professional mechainic/Honda shop)..

For instance, there are numerous posts, just on this forum, of the mechainic, after replacing a rear tire, adjusting the chain, way too tight...

Last edited:

nitroheadz28

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn yer wheels, calipers, forks 'n all sure are clean!!! :eek:

Heh thanks! Not as clean as the picture make them look, but good enough ;)

My trip went without a hitch, got an all time best of 47mpg while thrashing the bike. The new Pilot Road 3s performed excellent, we ended the night with a car show. It was the only Jap bike there (A few HD's parked up) and surprisingly got a lot of attention in rural Pennsylvania.

Oh and if you can believe it, I did a river crossing (Approx 4" deep) on the bike that day as well as some off roading on gravel :D

Last edited: