urgent problem. with pictures.

Those pictures are kick ass! They launched Dasani in the UK then withdrew it after 6 months when it was discovered they bottled it from TAP WATER!

nice photos! haha - i see you feel a little more jovial the day after the "incident" and perhaps after reading that we, too, had issues...not as hilarious of course...and naturally they never happened since they were not documented such as yours.... LOL

oil is cheap and changes are easier...now you know why you don't pay $300 for an oil change at the dealer. just lube some cables and you're good to go!

Australian? nope sorry. I WISH!!!! instead we get 7 months of cold, cold misery up here in central Canada.

Nonetheless:

:canada::Sport::canada:

Weeeeeee!!!!!!!

Awesome thread! This should have ALL been on video! You'd have won the $10k prize!

Glad it all worked out in the end!

Word? Be damned careful with the bike as it looks like the rear tire is coated with oil! That could be a quick spill if you jump on it without cleaning off the tires. Be careful, okay? Wash them good with some dawn dish detergent and rinse well before riding!

no riding for at least another 30-45 days in the best possible case scenario. still snow on the ground.

I'm putting the bike through a 30 day prep-period. This was just the first phase.

:)

Awesome thread! This should have ALL been on video! You'd have won the $10k prize!

Glad it all worked out in the end!

Word? Be damned careful with the bike as it looks like the rear tire is coated with oil! That could be a quick spill if you jump on it without cleaning off the tires. Be careful, okay? Wash them good with some dawn dish detergent and rinse well before riding!

Hehehe, video would have been great :thumbup:

And agree with the oil on the back tire... get that cleaned up REAL GOOD before leaning into a corner... and clean that grubby rear rim while you're at it :rof:

indeed. The bike is quite messy indeed in a few places. Over the next 30 days all will be made right. :)

thanks for the heads up though.

Lonesoldier, welcome to the DIY club. This was one of the best threads ever. My wife enjoyed it just as much, but we don't laugh at you but with you and are so glad that you got through it. We just imagined you washing hand going back to the pc, get back to work, wash hands, grab the camera, work, wash hands, pc, ... It is just proof of the BEST FORUM ever with all its caring and helpful members.

I never did an oil change on a bike yet but had a few on cars. The last time I changed my Jeep's oil and by now know by to keep it clean from start. Big enough bucket, enough towels, right tools under the car etc. Everything done, clean job and proud of my self for a excellent job and clean garage floor. BUT, when I was busy with the new filter I just moved the bucket away to the passenger side. When I pulled the car out of the garage I went over the bucket full of old oil, what a mess. Yes, you learn all the time.

:thumbup: 4 U

lol, ya it was a pretty entertaining experience no doubt (not at the time mind you, but in hindsight for me). Had my laptop out there with me and it has a slot for memory card so was pretty quick keeping everyone updated. Although now I have a nice black oily fingerprint on just about every key on the keyboard.....will need to wash that off with some goo-gone on Q-tips or something.

lol, ya it was a pretty entertaining experience no doubt (not at the time mind you, but in hindsight for me). Had my laptop out there with me and it has a slot for memory card so was pretty quick keeping everyone updated. Although now I have a nice black oily fingerprint on just about every key on the keyboard.....will need to wash that off with some goo-gone on Q-tips or something.

GooGone is not meant to go on plastics, if memory serves me right. It's meant for finished surfaces of metal or painted materials with a clear coat. Make sure you read the back of the bottle carefully to see what surfaces it can be used on, otherwise your laptop is gonna be funked.

hmm good point....

i may have to start ANOTHER urgent help topic....with pictures of my laptop in various stages of development!!!

If I'm the last person who makes a post in this topic;

good job ATTEMPTING to be environmentally conscious.

Last edited:
This is the most hilarious thread I've read thus far. My husband wants to buy me a bike this summer for my birthday and our first anniversary together; I suppose I have all of THIS to look forward to. Y'all are going to help me when I come on here crying at 2 in the morning because something isn't coming together like it should, right? RIGHT?!

Something I didn't see posted that workes great when trying to remove a stubborn filter, a large set of channel locks. if it starts to slip, grip a little tighter and turn.... Very simple, doesn't make a mess and WILL remove that filter.

I also use the K&N filter with the nut on the end...

Scott

Back