Use your f**ing brakes, a**hole!

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you absolutely sure that the car behind you wasn't a Toyota?

:rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof:

i agree with kazza a bad driver is a bad driver and should be banned from driving.

DSG transmission- you got an audi or a porsche?

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, I'm the exception to most Americans... I love driving a manual transmission. Wavex I know would agree as he drives one of the best manual's around:thumbup:

+1! :thumbup: I learned on the same stick when I was 16 and still drive it today. For my next vehicle I want an SUV but I really don't want to go back to an automatic transmission after driving a stick for 7 years. Automatics aren't nearly as enjoyable! Unless you're stuck in bumper to bumper traffic all the time, I would much rather drive a manual!

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof:

i agree with kazza a bad driver is a bad driver and should be banned from driving.

DSG transmission- you got an audi or a porsche?

Ooh.. I wish I had the latter. Nope, I drive a 2010 Skoda Octavia with the 7 speed DSG. I've owned a couple of Audis in the past, and I'm done paying a whole lot more for a lot less than what I have now. It really was an apiffany when I first got to know the Skoda.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Wait...
He was driving a Jag, and you didn't cry out, "Whiplash!" ?????

Oh man, you missed out! :D :D :D

j/k, glad you're okay! :thumbup:

Hehe, the threshold for suing people around here is a whole lot higher than in the US, I guess. People would probably look at my like I'm a crazy person if I cried out "whiplash!"

On the other hand, I was considering snatching his Jag emblem before taking off:D

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO! :rof::rof:

I looked up the Skoda. Cool car! and they even have a model named the 'Yeti'!

20-25 years ago, the Skoda brand was associated with commies and eastern block engineering. It is after all a Chech republic car manufacturer. There even was a saying, "Why Skoda when you can walk?".

VW group made the company a subsidiary in 1991, and as a consequence, they built a brand new factory a number of years later where the first gen Octavia was to be made. This factory is actually the most modern automobile factory in Europe, whereas VW's and Audi's plants are mainly pre WW2.

Another interesting fact, is that Skoda now scores very high in different customer satisfactory surveys, only beaten by BMW here in Norway. They also score better than both Audi and VW in numerous quality surveys. That, and combined with their unbeaten price tag, Skoda have become one of the best selling brands in Europe. The funny part is that it really is a VW in a different wrapping, everything from drive train and chassis to the gear knob and steering wheel. Difference is that it won't break down on you equally often, and they are literally stuffed with equipment that you'd have to pay dearly for in a VW or Audi :thumbup:

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wait...
He was driving a Jag, and you didn't cry out, "Whiplash!" ?????

Oh man, you missed out! :D :D :D

j/k, glad you're okay! :thumbup:

:rof: Yes! My first thought along with....

Drop and roll around yelling "OW!!! You flattened my phuken wallet! You better fill it now!"

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
.......Another interesting fact, is that Skoda now scores very high in different customer satisfactory surveys, only beaten by BMW here in Norway. They also score better than both Audi and VW in numerous quality surveys. That, and combined with their unbeaten price tag, Skoda have become one of the best selling brands in Europe. The funny part is that it really is a VW in a different wrapping, everything from drive train and chassis to the gear knob and steering wheel. ........

Years ago, Ford experienced the same sort of thing with Mazda. When they took their Pinto drive train to Japan, and the Japanese 'copied exact' the transmission had much better reliability numbers..... simply didn't break as often.

Much research was done. Same design, same materials, same processes.... yet the parts and the assemblies worked better and lasted longer without failure.

It all came down to better quality control. Tolerances were nailed dead center, instead of 'acceptable between +/- some number'. Much less trouble with 'tolerance stacking' as a result.

If Skoda is using the same suppliers and getting the same parts as the parent company, it would be an interesting observation on the quality of the workers involved. You don't hear anyone in the west talking about the Yugo, or any other Eastern bloc products with much enthusiasm.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Years ago, Ford experienced the same sort of thing with Mazda. When they took their Pinto drive train to Japan, and the Japanese 'copied exact' the transmission had much better reliability numbers..... simply didn't break as often.

Much research was done. Same design, same materials, same processes.... yet the parts and the assemblies worked better and lasted longer without failure.

It all came down to better quality control. Tolerances were nailed dead center, instead of 'acceptable between +/- some number'. Much less trouble with 'tolerance stacking' as a result.

If Skoda is using the same suppliers and getting the same parts as the parent company, it would be an interesting observation on the quality of the workers involved. You don't hear anyone in the west talking about the Yugo, or any other Eastern bloc products with much enthusiasm.

Ford vs Mazda: That still applies. The Ford Mondeo and the Mazda 6 are essensially the same cars, but the Mazda certainly scores better when it comes to quality.

I don't know what makes Skoda relatively better than VW in this regard. The Chech's seem to have much of the same "tidyness" as Germans. I've had the pleasure of doing business with Chech's, and they are very proud of what they do - which I believe is reflected in thorough QA and QC processes. It's very structured, if you get my picture. I guess this appplies for Skoda as well.

Among other things, they literally hate to be mistanken for being Slovaks (which again have much in common with other eastern european nationalities).

Other eastern european car makers like Yugo (don't even know if they still exist), cannot in any respect be compared to Skoda. Up until the mid 1990's they could be, but not any more. Renault has tried to do much the same thing with Dacia as VW has done with Skoda, but aren't even close of achieving it. I was unfortunate enough to rent one on our last vacation to Spain, and bloody hell... That was one bad, bad car. The car felt like it was 15 years old, despite an odometer telling me it had rolled 20.000 km's.