Valtermoto rearset re-fit...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, had a crash, bike goes down on one side, and snaps off the footpeg from the Valtermoto type 3.5 rearsets on the left hand side of my black FZ6....

So i need to replace said footpeg, so that i can ride the bike...no problem, i have a spare set of Valtermoto footpegs of a set of type 2 Valtermoto rearsets, that came with my ex FZ6 Cup bike...only thing is, that peg is scraped to buggery, as a result of a track stack! This is minor problem in the short term, as i enables me to be able to ride the bike...but it looks like poop, on my nice shiny bike...so i order a new set of footpegs!!!

They arrived today!!! :D
View attachment 33233

Got black instead of polished Aluminium this time, cause the bike has more than enough chrome, or polished metal bits on it already, these days!!!

Now, my type 3.5 Valtermoto rearsets are 2 years/ 40000km's old now, and the foot/ankle guards are starting to look a bit shabby...so i decide this is a good time to replace them with genuine Valtermoto Carbon Fibre replacement items!!!

View attachment 33234

The quality of the CF is very good, nice and thick, about 5mm, and with a nice quality finish.

Whilst i was re-building the bike after the stack, i deceided it was time to take the Carbon Fibre Fat Bars i had on the bike when i crashed, and put the Woodcraft clip-on handlebars back on the bike...no problem, except i need to use the Valtermoto rearset, backset plates when i have clip-ons on the bike, otherwise the footpegs are too far forward, and instead of being in a racers crouch, i am sort of bent in the middle....trust me, it feels all wrong!

So it's off to the cupboard to get my existing set of rearset backset plates to fit to the bike...BIG Problem....one of the them, the left one, has gone MIA!!! The shed gets turned upside down, but to no avail, it was a case of order a new set! :(

View attachment 33235

Anyway, i reckon i will be able to fit vit all on the bike tonight...after the "tin lid" is tucked up in bed, asleep!

Just one step closer to getting my black bike back to it's "mint" condition, that it was in before my bike's clash with a pi$$ed minda pedestrian, who decided that it would be a good idea to walk straight into the path of a motorbike!

:D

Glad you're getting hooked up!

I love my Valtermotos, and was just wondering what I was going to do about the worn looking ankle plates. I'll probably just stick with the worn look for now, but it's nice to know there are replacement parts available :thumbup:

Glad you're getting hooked up!

I love my Valtermotos, and was just wondering what I was going to do about the worn looking ankle plates. I'll probably just stick with the worn look for now, but it's nice to know there are replacement parts available :thumbup:

Yeah, Valtermoto has a massive spares catalogue....lots of options...not particularly cheap, but you get what you pay for.

:thumbup:

Kinda sad that you're giving up the carbon fat bars. :( I thought they looked awesome and they probably made your bike more comfortable. They did sorta hide that awesome top triple clamp, though.

Kinda sad that you're giving up the carbon fat bars. :( I thought they looked awesome and they probably made your bike more comfortable. They did sorta hide that awesome top triple clamp, though.

Am not giving up the fat carbon bars, just put them aside for the moment....they will come out again when i need to ride the thing somewhere further than a 150 km sports ride through the Twisties...

Just need to get a new set of braided lines when i put them back on, because the extra distance the cables have to travel from brake caliper to brake master cylinder, because of the lower mounted radial brake calipers, and also even more distance, because the Gaass! bar risers also add about an extra 20mm over OEM bar height, it makes the Braided lines pull too tight, to the point where it is dangerous...

So that's why the clip-on's are back on for now at least....2 reasons, only doing Sports Riding on the bike at the moment, which the clip-ons are awesome for!, and 2. Cause my brake lines need to be longer with both the fat bars, and the radial brake calipers on the bike!!!

Clear as mud!

:eek:

Update...got the new pegs fitted, and the CF heel guards, but not the backset plates....they gave me the wrong ones...pinchbolt gap is 5mm over!!! R6 is not the same as FZ6 Yamaha World!

Oh well, it's not a HUGE issue, just a PITA!

Will post some pretty photo's of the CF heel guards, and the new pegs a bit later...

:thumbup:

Back