Want to buy a 2007 FZ6

andru8

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm selling my R6 as i'm getting a little long in the tooth now and need something more sit up.I'm reading conflicting reports about the power of the 2007 models some being alot more down on power than the 2006 models,72 bhp against 98 bhp.I want one with the half fairing not the naked model if i get this will it be down on power compared to the naked one.Also does that gor for just 2007 model or is it 2007 and on to present day.
I do want one with the black frame and engine so I might be only able to go to 2006,am i correct in thinking this?

Thanks

I did read the sticky on the top of the forum but to be honest I'm still none the wiser.

this is the one I was looking at

YAMAHA FZ6-S FAZER-----08---16500 MILES-- 1 OWNER FROM NEW--- FULL YAMY SERVICE | eBay

also there are many 2007 on models on gumtree at around the same price.I don't want to make a expensive mistake buy buying a low powered bike.

Last edited:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
All versions of the FZ6 make 98hp... The FZ6R is a newer model and it makes 75ish... Unless the 2007 model you are looking has a restrictor on it (a UK Gov thing) then it produces 98hp...

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm selling my R6 as i'm getting a little long in the tooth now and need something more sit up.I'm reading conflicting reports about the power of the 2007 models some being alot more down on power than the 2006 models,72 bhp against 98 bhp.I want one with the half fairing not the naked model if i get this will it be down on power compared to the naked one.Also does that gor for just 2007 model or is it 2007 and on to present day.
I do want one with the black frame and engine so I might be only able to go to 2006,am i correct in thinking this?

Thanks

I did read the sticky on the top of the forum but to be honest I'm still none the wiser.

YAMAHA FZ6-S FAZER-----08---16500 MILES-- 1 OWNER FROM NEW--- FULL YAMY SERVICE | eBay

also there are many 2007 on models on gumtree at around the same price.I don't want to make a expensive mistake buy buying a low powered bike.

Hi mate, mine is the 07 S2 and makes 98bhp and it is a great all rounder. If I remember right when I got my bike I did ask the dealer the question on bhp. He said the S2 on the British import did make around 98bhp, and the S2 for the European market only made around 80bhp.

The old model had the silver engine which the dealer tried to sell me on a 07 plate at a very good price but I insisted on the new model. The black engine came in on the new S2 07 model.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks

My 07 has the black frame, I believe its the standard color for that year.

I have risers/set backs as well (may be too much upright for you but very comfy for myself). The silver aluminum piece with the holes inbetween the risers is home made, the GPS mounts to it...

Last edited:

andru8

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your replies guys you've put my mind at rest.There asre some stunning examples of 2007 models for sale at very good prices.My fav colour so far are Red and black or the blue and black versions.Whats everyones preference on here.When I had my air cooled 2003 fazer 600 everyone fav was the red one which I had and served me well on a trip to Lake Garda.I did 2800 in 8 days and a did 8 countries on the way and it didnt miss a beat.Will the 2007 model be as good for touring as my old one?

Cheers

andru8

Reaction score
Visit site
My 07 has the black frame, I believe its the standard color for that year.

I have risers/set backs as well (may be too much upright for you but very comfy for myself). The silver aluminum piece with the holes inbetween the risers is home made, the GPS mounts to it...

Stunning looking bike there mate,any chance of a few more detailed pics of the gps mount please,

cheers

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your replies guys you've put my mind at rest.There asre some stunning examples of 2007 models for sale at very good prices.My fav colour so far are Red and black or the blue and black versions.Whats everyones preference on here.When I had my air cooled 2003 fazer 600 everyone fav was the red one which I had and served me well on a trip to Lake Garda.I did 2800 in 8 days and a did 8 countries on the way and it didnt miss a beat.Will the 2007 model be as good for touring as my old one?

Cheers

You're definitely going to get varying opinions color wise on here, but clearly red is the best :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Stunning looking bike there mate,any chance of a few more detailed pics of the gps mount please,

cheers

Thank you.. Bought it used, wrecked, (from my friend who bought it for his 17 year old son ((first bike))put a BUNCH of new parts on to bring it back to new, 12,000 miles on it now...

The tab sticking backwards towards the rider allows a Touratec cradle for my OLD SPIII to mount up... I'm currently gathering parts to bolt up and hardwire a Garmin 2300 to the bike (much smaller, bigger, brighter screen, easier to use, the SPIII is not supported by Garmin anymore so the maps are approx 3 years old).

The first 2 pictures are the FZ, the reat are of my old FJR with the Touratec locakable mount with the GPS locked in. The Touratec mount that GPS sits in, just bolts to the tab that points towards the rider. Its also hardwired in (12 volts)

I have all the aluminum mounting parts made up for the new GPS. I'm still waiting on a part from Garmin and the custom wiring harness from Powerlet. A very short end / plug (approx 5") will be permanently attached to the gps mount, that can disconnect from the rest of the harness. That harness converts 12 volts to 5 (that GPS uses 5 volts) and will be hardwired to the bike (to a powerblock under the right side fairing), There will be a connector inbetween the two so I can pull the GPS mount with one bolt and unplugging the harness... Easy and simple

Once I get the new set up ready to go together, I'll take some pic's of the assembly and the final set up.

Much, much smaller package, doesn't block ANY gauges, the only thing is, its not waterproof, however I sewed up a cover (or a sandwich bag will work) to pull over the unit should rain pop up..

Last edited: