WANTED: r6 forks

Dkobra

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Looking to purchase an r6 front end for my 08 FZ6 s2.

Anyone have anything for sale?

Thanks!

KHarper4289

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Looking to purchase an r6 front end for my 08 FZ6 s2.

Anyone have anything for sale?

Thanks!

I picked up some mint R6s Forks from a 2007 for my 2007 S2 for $190.00

Just check Ebay every day and you'll find some. You can find them all day long for $300ish but good deals come on occasion. Try to find them with the axle + nut. If it isn't listed, ask the buyer if they will throw it in. They usually have one laying around if they have the forks. Also, if they come with lower triple + other accessories, ask if they will take less for JUST the forks. All 3 people I messaged agreed to this.

You do not need a "front end". You have a Gen 2 so you can bolt up the original calipers with no issue. You do not need a new wheel either.

Make sure you get the spacer kit from Dako81 here before you attempt to fit them up.

Last edited:

Dkobra

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tips!

I was checking ebay, but as you said everything is $300+.

I work at a motorcycle shop , so i can order the axle + nut. I would like to get the lower triple + upper.

Would you mind listing the parts that i would need? I guess the triple from the FZ6 isn't compatible with the r6s forks. I knew that i could keep the brakes , as well as spacers.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I just did the swap on my 07 S2. The triples are compatible, just that the forks are slightly wider on the FZ6 than the R6s, so you need some new axle and caliper spacers.

I have a bunch of spare parts of the R6 forks - essentially everything minus the lower legs. Upper tubes, caps, full internals, caps, axle, pinch bolts. Actually I have one good lower, I forget which side - the other lower was damaged when I bought it and the seller stopped responding to my request for a refund. I'm localish to you too...

KHarper4289

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tips!

I was checking ebay, but as you said everything is $300+.

I work at a motorcycle shop , so i can order the axle + nut. I would like to get the lower triple + upper.

Would you mind listing the parts that i would need? I guess the triple from the FZ6 isn't compatible with the r6s forks. I knew that i could keep the brakes , as well as spacers.

You don't need the upper or lower triple.

You will need :

R6 forks
R6 Axle
R6 Axle Nut
Dako81 spacer kit

That's it! Very simple procedure. Took me about 45 minutes of wrenching to do the switch.