Wednesday Nov. 12- Big Bear ride

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Current riders:
Cali rider
jaytee
I know this is short notice, and most of you have jobs that will interfere, but it's an open invite to ride on a weekday through the forest. It's going to be a bit cool up on the mountain (Dress for 45°-50°F temps), but traffic will be non-existent!

Meeting at 9:00AM at Denny's restaurant in Redlands. Route will go up CA-38 through Big Bear, across to CA-138, around Silverwood Lake, then over to Wrightwood for lunch. Then it's down to the I-15 and home. See the route here: Google Map link

This will be at a comfortable pace with only 1 or 2 stops before lunch. The 2 riders on the list are very familiar with this ride and will not ride dangerously or without regards to others safety so feel free to come along even if you haven't ridden along this path before.

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Argh I want to goooooooooooooo! :D

You guys have fun and ride safe out there...

John, I just signed on for the 12/6/08 trackday at Buttonwillow!!! I can`t wait :rockon::cheer:

See you later this week...

S

sportrider

I'd love to go!!!! but I don't think I can get out of work:(

you guys have a good time!!!:thumbup:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Could you technically take Angeles Crest Highway all the way back to Santa Clarita-ish or is it closed?

Still closed, but work is progressing quickly on the bridge. The last of the 6 girders is supposed to be placed tomorrow, then alignment, roadbed, etc. The contractor is determined to finish before the end of December, but it is unlikely that the road will be opened to traffic until the spring thaw in 09.

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Goddamn I wish I could ride with you guys... but alas I have no bike and am heading to the airport anyway.:spank: Damn these interviews.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Great ride today, wide range of temperature and wind conditions, you could see for about 100 miles from CA-18. Oh, and quite a bit of snow on the north facing slopes from last weekends storm all the way down to the side of the road.

That is all..

J

jsteinb95

Great ride today, wide range of temperature and wind conditions, you could see for about 100 miles from CA-18. Oh, and quite a bit of snow on the north facing slopes from last weekends storm all the way down to the side of the road.

That is all..

Who all went? Did Shawn end up going?