Went for a ride yesterday...now I need some help

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW, my insurance went up $5/month after I totaled my first FZ6. I used the insurance money to buy the exact same model (used). All I told them was that a small animal ran under my tire and made me crash.

I can't imagine your rates would double after an accident... you pay for insurance specifically for the situation you are in now, and if the fact that it's your dad who was riding it is an issue, I'd tell them I was riding and a squirrel ran under my tire and made me crash mid-corner.
Why would your rates be jacked up (doubled/tripled or what not) in such a case? it was an accident and you weren't at fault!

David offers some great advice, it comes from experience!

I'm not sure if your dad's insurance will cover it, but I bet yours will.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
David offers some great advice, it comes from experience!

I'm not sure if your dad's insurance will cover it, but I bet yours will.

This is a good point, MC rates are already based on the fact that pretty much any accident on a bike is expensive to fix if not a "total". I would consider looking in to it. The gray area is understanding the coverage for someone else riding when it occurred.

LexusFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man I am glad you'r dad is ok and beleave me its JUST plastic and it can all be fixed i had the same thing happen to me i can tell by the pics you put on here it cost me 500sh to get it all back to new but the damage on my gas tank was more then what you had so i had to buy that new witch was 680.00 CAD it was back ordered too look on youtube for who to fix a gas tank dents start taking your bike a part to know what you need for parts i hope your headlight didnt get any damage because i know what you went thro to get that stuff ,,, i didnt want to go throw insurance because it was cheaper to fix it my self then to make a claim hope you the best and hope your dad is ok remember its just plastics that can be fix it couldve been wors

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
For the left footrest, do I need to replace the footrest itself? From what I can see, it looks okay. It just won't stay up at the normal level position. Would I be able to just replace the torsion spring (SKU: 90508-20572-00) and pin (SKU: 91701-08040-00)?

ScubaSteve08

Reaction score
Visit site
I've downed my '06 before and this is what I got for a bill.
The rear fenders= ~$300
Pegs= $35-50 each
Front Fairing ~$550
Handlebar end=$50
Clutch Handle ~$40
Rear Tailight/blinkers~$60
Mirror=$60
By the way, leather is the way to go, i went down and my jacket took the damage instead of my arm and shoulders. Not to mention its much tougher than that nylon/mesh crap so chances are that you're just gonna walk away with some damage to the jacket, nothing more. Gives it character you know? makes it look like is actually used lol.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Mancolt, sorry about the accident.

I hope you have more than basic insurance and not the cheaper deductible.
You are only 23 and just got the bike, I'm assuming you don't have long time on the insurance company records.
You also mentioned that your dad used to have a bike. Does he still have motorcycle insurance?? If not, check his auto insurance (liability part) I’m sure he will have better chances on not getting the premium really high as long as his record with the company is not bad.
All comes down to have a nice underwriter in a good mood

If you chose to go the insurance way, have your dad go to the doctor ASAP and include it on the claim.
As you said, bikes can be replaced, dads don’t. If he needs surgery or some medical treatment, you will be glad you use the insurance that you are paying for.

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site