were those michiganders at? or close by?

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
On this note - anyone interested in track days this season? I'm planning on doing a couple but haven't signed up yet, we have a (not great) track east of Cleveland, and then there's Mid Ohio - I figure there's probably something good in Michigan but you guys know best!

In west MI we really only have Grattan and Gingerman. I've only done one track day and it was at grattan. I'd be up for more this year though!

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
In west MI we really only have Grattan and Gingerman. I've only done one track day and it was at grattan. I'd be up for more this year though!

Grattan looks fun based on the descriptions and maps! Grand Rapids is a long ride from CLE but assuming someone had a support trailer out there for gas and tools that I could mooch off of - I'd come out Friday night for a session on Saturday.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm always up for a ride.:thumbup: Although the roads around here aren't the greatest there are a few good rides. M37 and M43 through Gun and Gull lakes is a nice ride and can be done in a few hours. Leonard St. out to Grand Haven and south along Lakeshore Dr. is nice also and then we could pick up the Blue Star Highway which runs along your stretch of the woods. If you want to go north, Croton - Hardy dam is nice but M37 is kinda boring till you get north of Newaygo.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
This looks promising guys!!

Mg-242. Were you actually from? I am closer to Gingerman than the hospital is just the other direction. ( about 5-7 miles south east of there. )

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yep, like Tommy said, I'm in the Columbus area actually between Columbus and Mid-Ohio.

I've instructed at the track east of Cleveland (Nelson Ledges), Mid-Ohio, Gingerman, Grattan and another not too far from y'all up around the lake, Autobahn in Jolliete. Grattan is definitely a hoot. Tight with a nice long straight and a "jump" on the back where you actually get some air and makes for nice wheelies and photos in the reverse direction. They run it in both directions so it's like a totally different experience from track day to track day.

[MENTION=6016]Tom[/MENTION]my - I'm planning on doing Mid-Ohio this summer so stay in touch. The only thing is that I won't sign up until the last minute because if it rains, the track is unrideable and you lose your $$.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, like Tommy said, I'm in the Columbus area actually between Columbus and Mid-Ohio.

I've instructed at the track east of Cleveland (Nelson Ledges), Mid-Ohio, Gingerman, Grattan and another not too far from y'all up around the lake, Autobahn in Jolliete. Grattan is definitely a hoot. Tight with a nice long straight and a "jump" on the back where you actually get some air and makes for nice wheelies and photos in the reverse direction. They run it in both directions so it's like a totally different experience from track day to track day.

[MENTION=6016]Tom[/MENTION]my - I'm planning on doing Mid-Ohio this summer so stay in touch. The only thing is that I won't sign up until the last minute because if it rains, the track is unrideable and you lose your $$.

Sounds good - I'll be doing Nelson's in May with MotoSeries I think - - waiting to sign up for the same reason - which group would you be doing Mid-Ohio with? I'm about to buy a hitch for my car so I can to things with me to a track day instead of relying on someone else to drive support and riding down. Next step after that is buying an old gixxer track bike. :thumbup:

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Grattan looks fun based on the descriptions and maps! Grand Rapids is a long ride from CLE but assuming someone had a support trailer out there for gas and tools that I could mooch off of - I'd come out Friday night for a session on Saturday.

My dad has an enclosed work trailer that we brought last time which worked out great. Guy next to us used it too. I'm sure we could figure something out.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Just moved to Jackson, its west of ann arbor on 94. Anyone know any good roads around there to ride?

I'm not really familiar with that part of the state, but just by looking on Google Maps it looks like there are more than a few nice roads out by you. To the northeast 106, 52, and 36 through all the recreation areas. Not to mention the secondary roads winding among all the lakes. I would start there and just explore. Also to the south of you 50, 123, 12, and 223 all look fairly curvy. Keep us updated on what you find, I may have to make it over there if it proves to be productive.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds good - I'll be doing Nelson's in May with MotoSeries I think - - waiting to sign up for the same reason - which group would you be doing Mid-Ohio with? I'm about to buy a hitch for my car so I can to things with me to a track day instead of relying on someone else to drive support and riding down. Next step after that is buying an old gixxer track bike. :thumbup:

Tell Todd, owner of MotoSeries, that you and I are good friends and that I told you that he would take care of you and give you special attention ;). I've know Todd since he bought MotoSeries and was once his lead instructor for track days and race school.

At Mid-Ohio, I'll do the "A" group. If we go together, I'm pretty sure we can get on the track together. I know most of those guys as well and may instruct some with them in the near future.

How old of an 'old gixxer' are you looking for?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Tell Todd, owner of MotoSeries, that you and I are good friends and that I told you that he would take care of you and give you special attention ;). I've know Todd since he bought MotoSeries and was once his lead instructor for track days and race school.

At Mid-Ohio, I'll do the "A" group. If we go together, I'm pretty sure we can get on the track together. I know most of those guys as well and may instruct some with them in the near future.

How old of an 'old gixxer' are you looking for?

OO Thanks, I definitely will, does he make it to all of the events?

I specifically said gixxer cause I know you have one - that's a little way off still. Old was more of a descriptor/affectionate term than a requirement :)

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
OO Thanks, I definitely will, does he make it to all of the events?

I specifically said gixxer cause I know you have one - that's a little way off still. Old was more of a descriptor/affectionate term than a requirement :)

Yep, Todd is always there. It's his show and he runs it.