Western, NC 11-08-2008

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so going ahead and putting this one out there early.

This will all depend on what the weather is like as well...

But I am thinking that weekend will the next weekend I will be able to get out for some riding. I have been in touch with several people on here in this area about getting together for a ride, so here ya go.

Nov. 8th or 9th leaving the Charlotte area to go somewhere. Might go towards Asheville, maybe Boone or even North into VA. Just have to see how the weather goes.

Any one interested? Let get some talk in here about it and see what the locals here want to do.

-bryan

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me get a little closer to the weekend. I believe I would like to go how many miles do you plan on riding? Do you have a plan on exactly where you want to ride or what roads? I would like to look at it myself also on a map and kind of surf the area if thats ok.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
No clue really at this point. Just tryin to get some interest up. Feel free to figure out where you want to go and post it up. I will throw some roads up on here later in the week.

Any one else interested, please feel free to post up some roads and a possible gathering place for those that are close to one another.

-bryan

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me get a little closer to the weekend. I believe I would like to go how many miles do you plan on riding? Do you have a plan on exactly where you want to ride or what roads? I would like to look at it myself also on a map and kind of surf the area if thats ok.

Have you gone up 276 yet?

I know we talked about this before. If not we will def. get up that one!

-bryan

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you gone up 276 yet?

I know we talked about this before. If not we will def. get up that one!

-bryan

Buddy I haven't been up 276. I have only been to Charlotte 2 time. I just found out a month ago what Ceasar Head was and on that trip and looking at maps found Table Rock. I know this may sound crazy but I have had a crazy life. This bike has opened a whole new world to me. Thats the only reason I was wanting to know a game plan even if its later. I would like to try and familiar myself a little with the roads or area.

Bloodbag

Reaction score
Visit site
I am up to go to Asheville. One road I would suggest (leaving from Charlotte) would be to go up 74-A and then hit Hwy. 64. That goes up past Lake Lure/Chimney Rock. Lots of curves and beautiful scenery. Keep me posted on the details--

Jason

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I think I have been up that way before. Normally when we leave Charlotte, we head 85 south to 74W through shelby and get off there around Hindersonville on hwy 64.

-bryan

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Well guys I hate to be the party pooper, but I dont believe I will be able to make it. The more I started looking into riding some where this weekend the more I started to get a wierd feeling. I know that sounds silly, but its bugging the heck out of me. I have had these feelings before and nothing happen... but I have also had them and random things happen. With my girlfriend planning on coming along as well I just really do not want to take the chance.

Sorry guys.

-bryan

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe we can catch up next time--;)

For sure.

I really wanted to get a good ride together and put some names to faces. Just gotta go with my gut on this one. May have been for the better. Freaking measurements teacher just loaded us up with work today...:spank:

There goes my weekend.

-bryan