What are the 3 best essential mods for a 2007 FZ6S?

We might stop there .......... enough for me to consider, but kept them coming if you wish .......
Thanks to all.:thumbup:

Mate...stop, knowing this joint, the suggestions will keep coming for months...one day you will be innocently browsing the forum, and there it will be, front & centre on the main page of the forum, just when you thought it was dead...someone will dig it out and resurrect your thread!

Is sorta cool really...like going down memory lane once in a while....let us know what you decide to do...and post lots of pictures!

:thumbup:

#1. Cee-Baileys Windscreen
#2. Frame Sliders
#3. Givi Topcase

If you're going to ride on the highway at all, the new windscreen is a MUST!

We might stop there .......... enough for me to consider, but kept them coming if you wish .......

hehe, lots of help here Wombat :thumbup:

Ok, my views, seeing as you're in Melbourne and the bike already has frame sliders (Oggy Knobbs)
I'd suggest (cash depending)
1. Aftermarket exhaust
2. Good riding gear (2 years riding... you've probably already got it.. but just to make sure)
3. Tank Bag (best thing I ever bought, but I commute and got sick of a backpack).

:)

Mate...stop, knowing this joint, the suggestions will keep coming for months...one day you will be innocently browsing the forum, and there it will be, front & centre on the main page of the forum, just when you thought it was dead...someone will dig it out and resurrect your thread!

Is sorta cool really...like going down memory lane once in a while....let us know what you decide to do...and post lots of pictures!

:thumbup:

OK thanks just thought readers/riders will want to move on to other things. By-the-by I did mention I had Frame Sliders (Oggy knobs) with the bike, so they're covered. But, gees, just about everybody includes them in their three top mods.

Sliders are an invaluable addition to every bike. Unless you unlucky and put it down and slide into the grass. Long sliders tend to catch on the dirt and cause the bike to catch air. Not very pretty.

For me, and anyone that has then would agree

1. suspension (r6s forks or racetech internals)
2. better tires
3. 15 tooth counter sprocket.

if you are touring more then id say

1. suspension
2. tires
3. windscreen and luggage.

This bike rocks but it depends on what you what to use it for. You can make it a awesome touring bike or a good track bike or something that is wicked at a little bit of both.

. Oggy Knobbs are an Aussie thing, so they probably didn't make the connection.

Yes see that now. But its been good. I've got the three best irrespective and it shows where sliders fit on rider's priorities. Got it right by default for a change otherwise I'd have to start a new thread. "How important do you rate ......... " ;)

HANDLEBARS FROMT HE FZ1!!!!!!!!

handlebars on the fz6 make you tuck your elbows in. Feels so much nicer with fz1 handlebars and the way your arms position.

Mods to the FZ6 I found useful:
1) Frame sliders
2) Better Headlight bulbs (I highly recommend Pilips Motovision bulbs)
3) Double Bubble type Windshield

1. Frame sliders
2. Dual low beam mod
3. Suspension
1. Exhaust
2. Air filter
3. PCIII
1. Better screen
2. Fender eliminator
3. Stebel airhorn

The title says it all. About to take possession of mine (getting off GS500) and it is stock standard except for Oggy knobs. I'm male 68 years old, been riding for 2 years and will be using as a joy, non commuter, country run around.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I glad you posted this and got to benefit from hearing all the responses. I've had my new FZ6 (07 but new to me) for about a month now. I just put a bid in for Frame Sliders, Shogun. I like the Motivation ones better. I learned about both Fork and Swing Arm Sliders via this post.

Thanks again for throwing this post out and everyone who responded.

I glad you posted this and got to benefit from hearing all the responses. I've had my new FZ6 (07 but new to me) for about a month now. I just put a bid in for Frame Sliders, Shogun. I like the Motivation ones better. I learned about both Fork and Swing Arm Sliders via this post.

Thanks again for throwing this post out and everyone who responded.

Thanks, it been really good hasn't it. Still yet to analysis all responses. Many of the Mods I've never heard of, but sourcing their meaning will be part of the fun. Thanks Guys.

The only thing you should add to your list is a good set of sticky tires.(lower mileage)but the grip is well worth the sacrafice.you don't want to be sliding when you want to be stopping,or taking a curve!:D

those tires with different rubber compounds on em are nice

you get high mileage rubber down the centre and soft rubber along the sides for turning. best of both worlds....although it would impact your braking a touch.

If you were in the UK I would say...

Frame sliders
Headlight mod
Heated grips

But seeing as you're in Oz, and the weather may not call for hot hands, I'd change number three to a fairing set. Mainly because they look fantastic!

It really depends on what you want to do with your bike. Tour, sport riding, track days. Don't laugh, at my last track day was an 86 year old gentleman on a BMW that was moving right along.

For overall riding I'd say frame sliders and then give the bike 500 miles and see what YOU think. :thumbup:

I have a 2007 FZ6. When I bought it I went overboard and bought alot of stuff for it. I should have purschased a few of those items first and stuck to a budget. Here is food for thought:
1. Frame Sliders installed by the "DEALER". For about $85 or less you can have them installed and save yourself from major damage to your front fairing, mirrors, handlebars, and engine case. Think of it as insurance.
2. A K&N airfilter ($35). It is like putting a "breathe right strip" on a 100 meter dash sprinter.
3. A 12vdc waterproof cigarette lighter receptacle installed off of the bottom left hand corner of the handle bar mount. For about $59 installed you can have power supplied for quick and easy use of any commercial GPS, radar detector, or cell phone charger. The dealer wired mine in such a way that electriciy is only present to the receptacle when the bike is turned on.

These three suggestions should make your bike more prepared for an accidental spill, perform a little better, and be more convenient.

If you have the dough, this is the order I would follow for additional items.

4. Adhesive tank pad placed at the gas tank near your crotch. This item is positioned to avoid belt buckles, jacket snaps, etc. from scatching your tank at that location. approx $15 or less on the internet and you can put this on yourself.
5. LED turn signals. they are not expensive and illuminate brighter than stock providing a greater chance for oncoming and behind traffic to recognize that you are about to turn.

If you want performance mods that give you the biggest bang for your buck, by a pair of used exhaust pipes such as stainless steel Scorpion's. The have them in carbon fiber etc. Yes, I said used. They are mechanical sections of pipe and instead of buying them brand new for $400 + you can often get them half-price or cheaper off of ebay or some place like that. To link your addition of a K & N filter and high flow exhaust I would recommend the installation of a power commander. This will run you a bit of $ approx 300 but their is a noticeable improvement in performance. This combination will set your bike apart in a crowd just by the "growl" it makes and the subsequent heads it turns going down the road.

If you want to make your bike look more like a street racer (R6 or R1) look at TCP Aerodynamics website. They sell after market body plastic additions.

Good luck, don't take your eyes off the road and hold on past 6Krpm!

Wombat - the mirrors on your bike looks bigger than others I've seen. Is that true of Aussie FZ6's?

I tend to agree with the last post about handlebars. I adjusted mine up and down a bit to find a good position, but do wish they were a little straighter.

Back