What brand of chain wax/lube do you use?

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey y'all I need to buy some chain lube, and theres about 50 different brands out there. I searched a little bit and couldn't find much on here. Does it matter what i use, and do any of you swear by a particular brand? any info would be great..Thanks!

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Used to use the DuPont but after they messed it up (changed it) switched to Maxima. Have used the "regular" and the synthetic crystal clear. They seem to work OK and not fling off too much. Made the mistake of putting too much of the synthetic on and did not wipe it off. What was interesting/pretty cool about that was it actuall ran down the chain and then dripped on the floor. It is very sticky and clingy and works well, just don't put too much on - had fun washing it off the bike cause it went everywhere - chain was quite though. The crystal clear protects well and does look good on my gold DID chain.

My CBR has white painted wheels and any chain lube that flings off shows up as black spots which are very difficult to clean off. Wash the wheel to get the dirt and grime off. Use wax on the wheel just like polishing any painted surface and it cleans the chain fling off with very little effort plus it protects the wheel and makes it look even better.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 ^ I like this stuff. Maxima Chain Wax. I try to keep my chain clean so I'm always cleaning and lubing it.
I like this product because I can use it sparingly, wiping of excess and making sure all parts of the chain get covered.
maxima-chain-wax.jpg

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
Honda WITH moly, not the crappy white stuff. They have two kinds. We couldn't use it in the shop because customers couldn't be convinced we lubed the chain it was so clean. ZERO fling off too. Durango to Laguna Seca to Indy and back and not one speck on the silver wheel. Once a day or every other gas stop. Bike on centerstand, in gear, a couple chain rotations, and then fill up.Only downside it will not last as long as the heavy, oily, messy, dirty stuff in the rain. . Unlike the previous post, I had lousy luck myself with that wax due to rust and kinks.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 Maxima Chain Wax!
Keeps the chain clean, and I've just changed my stock chain at 41000+kms, only because i want to try 520 pitch. (original chain still easily within spec)

So not only is it absolutely no-fling, but it also increases chain longevity significantly!

Definitely get's my strongest recommendation!

Cheers,
Rick

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I am partial to the Dupont chain saver lube. Been using it for 3 seasons.

I started using it after reading about it on web bike world

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought mine at Lowes. It was the chain lube that they sell that reads, "Safe for use on chains with O rings."

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 ^ I like this stuff. Maxima Chain Wax. I try to keep my chain clean so I'm always cleaning and lubing it.
I like this product because I can use it sparingly, wiping of excess and making sure all parts of the chain get covered.
maxima-chain-wax.jpg

+1 Good stuff. :thumbup: