What did you do to your FZ today?

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I watched it sit due to my suspended license.

I also watched it sit due to the 98F temp with 90 something % humidity.

I also watched it sit and thought about changing my spark plugs, til It got to hot 3 min in.

effingham brian

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode her from effingham illnois to champaign. (150 miles roundtrip). It was in the 90's today. I didn't see a lot of bikers on the interstate today. did manage a couple waves from other bikers. I'm also getting more brazen (stupid) as on a straightaway with no cops that I could see, and no traffic, I had her up to 127mph on the speedo. I think my speedometer reads high though. I've noticed that on my bike avg. traffic speed appears higher than when i'm driving in my cage (jeep wrangler).
In any case, it was a good ride. I'm up to over 2200 miles in just over a month of ownership.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I did an oil/filter change today. Took the bike out for a ride and its ran smooth as day one. The gears were gettin sticky and its usually my que for a oil change. Ran the last oil for about 3000 miles. I use fully synthetic Mobil-1 10w30 and the M1-110 filters.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
3rd day now, she is sitting... Rained Sunday and we had a family event. Monday, rain and I was sick. Today, no rain but I'm still sick and not in my right mind to attempt a ride. So, today, she sits in the garage resting, waiting for a hopeful commute tomorrow morning.

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
Was going from shop to shop looking for a frame sliders. I didnt like the idea of getting my OEM fairings drilled. In the end, manage to use my friends suggestion and got an R1 08 frame sliders.

Yeap and no drilling was required, yippee~

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found out what to do with the new yellow purolator oil filters.

watermark.php

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
took a lunch time ride and bought stuff for the 8000 mile service spark plugs, oil, etc.. I just did the oil filter for the 4000 mile service since the bike had been sitting with the same oil and filter in it for about 2 years with the guy i bought it from. I'm excited:rockon::Flash:

Caz

Reaction score
Visit site
Had a banged up FZ6s rock up to the workshop on the back of a tray truck yesterday, write off, no point even doing a quote for insurance assessment.
I quickly snaffled the main centre stand off it and fitted it to my bike this morning. I'm sick of having to go to a mates place or have them visit me just so I can get the bike onto a race stand to lube my chain and clean my wheels. Although, after a few practice runs this morning, getting the bike up onto the centrestand is not as easy as I first thought it would be:eek:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Completed the 8000 mile service by changing the spark plugs. It took me 20 minutes for the first plug and then another 20 minutes for the next 3 DAmn big gorilla hands made working in there really tight I did it by removing the three bolts holding the radiator in place and sliding it out of the way pulling the gasket off and getting in there with the spark plug tool and a socket wrench very easy just tight spaces.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Took it out for a trip to see a friend a few miles away, taking the longer twisty route of course :D Then later on pulled out of a side road from a standing start and found it that it's a very bad idea to open the throttle fully while doing so, I've never had the back wheel snake along the road before, fun afterwards but not at the time :thumbup:

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
I went on a nice ride with a friend today up to Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National park . The weather around here has been a little warm to say the least. So it was nice to wake up and find out it was only going to be 80 instead of the 98 to 105 that it has been all week

002-2.jpg