Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Air in tyres.
Fixed fuel level sensor.
Cleaned K&N air filter.
Drilled out stock baffles.
Washed and waxed bike.

Rode it up a mountain to take a picture.

Nelly

Last edited:

Sun Diego FZ6

rides on!
Reaction score
Visit site
^Can we view said picture? :D

Rode to work and back home tonight. Tonight should be the last time I ride my Fizzer with it's stock exhaust. My TBR CF pipes go on after that. No silencers purchased as of yet. "Hooligan-loud" time!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I did a little night joy ride last night... I had the roads to myself, and the wind was 2mph... Very nice ride...

polydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the airbox mod (a shoddy job, too embarassed to show pictures) but it did the trick, sounds great. As to whether or not it increases or decreases power its hard to tell, so even if it lost power if its an unnoticeable amount i'm not worried about it. Now with the drilled baffles and airbox mod my bike sounds pretty mean, but I can't wait to get my SS scorpions next week. I would've left it how it is right now since doing the free mods have really changed the character of the bike, but i found a pair of scorps with a cat pipe for $265 shipped, so I couldn't pass that deal up. But I also put some blue tire/air valve caps on,a flat black license plate cover, and bought her a nice bottle of startron. Oh and I put on the yamaha comfort seat just in time for a 2100 mile ride tomorrow morning, that should be interesting to say the least. I luckily have a gel seat pad for when it gets too uncomfortable and will be switching off with my dad's Super Tenere. I was at cycle gear and they had galfer SS braided brake lines on clearance for $10! but it was for an r6 and they said it wouldn't have fit my bike, damn that would've been a steal.... sorry for the rambling. I'm fitting my soft luggage right now and preparing for our ride...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh my I never saw this thread until today! There are two and some four months apart in 2011! :spank::spank::spank:
Good thinkin Yasko; starting a thread like this! :thumbup::thumbup:
Washed it an rode 80 miles!

polydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed scorpion pipes i bought of craigslist for 265 shipped. I know theres been so much debate over having to remap the ecu, but now that I have opened my airbox and installed the scorpion exhaust does anyone have any last words as to how necessary it is to remap? I have a local shop that will do it and if its necessary I will do it asap. Nothin you haven't seen before but new to me!
Also, I just brought her home from a 2000 mile ride. Next mod: modified yamaha comfort seat no doubt about it.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Today I left mine sadly in the garage as I drove to work in the cage, in the rain. Wettest summer I can recall for Virginia!

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
a week or so ago I synced my TBs, coolant flush and last night picked up a two brothers slip-on
F9F82ED2-4A10-4B2A-9697-9975316B3CAE-24900-00001B961C2C1817_zps1df73aed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

it was getting dark quick and didn't get a chance to put her back together

498CCAC5-9910-441F-B596-243144D9F12C-24900-00001B962CA12671_zps090f2fbc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Last weekend I fitted a new exhaust, custom made glasspacks that melted my turn signals and license plate light wiring! Yesterday I built a pair of 99 cent helmet locks into my seat/subframe! Today I rode to work on a very overcast day with 50% chance of thunderstorms that is turning out to be clear!

Circuitrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the bike a few months ago and have spent the time learning where everything is and how to do basic maintenance. My safety course is in the end of this month. While waiting I have:
Replaced worn clutch cable
Lubed clutch and throttle cables
Checked coolant (still looked great so left it for next year)
Checked then flushed brake fluid (it was nasty!)
Pulled out all the crapy wires from previous owner botched CB installation
Installed connection for battery tender (which will also power GPS when riding)
Installed Dual headlight mod
Installed clutch lever mod
Washed and waxed.

For someone without a lot of experience mechanically, this has been a great trip. Once the safety course is complete, I'll be riding as much as the weather and the wife allow!

I chose to take the safety course before even riding because this is my first MC. I'm 39 and seems like a lifetime to wait! I thought waiting a couple extra weeks wouldn't hurt after all this time to avoid learning bad habits. So I have spent time reading recommended articles and posts about the proper mindset, the course will teach proper mechanics; then I believe I'll have the necessary foundation to gain experience properly. I know some don't approve of the FZ6 for a first bike, I respect that. But my approach is to ATGATT and to begin this romance with the proper respect. Anyway, I'm excited and ready to go!

Ragnar

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode it 20.5 miles to my office enjoying the nice cool morning air (about 57 degrees) and the smooth ride after syncing my throttle bodies.

Maintenance-wise I've done a ton in the last few weeks. It's my first bike and I bought it back in June.

* Mobil 1 4T Racing Oil Change
* K&N Oil Filter
* K&N Air Filter
* Cleaned & Lubed Chain
* Drained, Flushed, and Replaced Coolant (more water than coolant – and a little wetter water)
* Disconnected Tail Light Integrated Turn Signals and Installed OEM Rears
* Disconnected Front Flush Mounted Signals (cheap pieces of sh*t) and Installed OEM Fronts
* Lubed Moving Parts
* NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
* Fuel System Treatment and Switched to Locally Available Ethanol-Free 91
* Cleaned and Waxed Bike
* Adjusted Idle to Spec
* Polished Exhaust
* Adjusted Chain Tension (it was too tight and causing a whining noise between 45 and 48 mph)
* Synced Throttle Bodies (even at 4,000 RPMs rather than at idle)
* Dual Headlight Mod
* Flushed and Replaced All Brake Fluid