What did you do with your bike today?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Said goodbye to the FZ1& R6 as I head off to Taos for a week of skiing!

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

hamwedges

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode mine;

Neutral Bay > Richmond > Lithgow > Jenolan Caves > Goulburn > Neutral Bay

~550km
7.5 hours
3 servos
Rained on 3 times
Passed 3 cops (1 very close shave)
1000+ bugs
1x very sore ass

Awesome day though

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
Took a look at it in the front of the garage - could only see the tires due to the cover. We still have snow on the ground here!

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
- looking at the bike with a smile on my face:rolleyes:
- taking it for a perfect satisfactory ride
- taking him back (yes it's a "he") in one piece
- checking the tires for any sharp objects
- lubing the chain
- cleaning the rims
- cleaning the engine
- checking the electronics (indicators, stoping lights, etc)
- putting it back into my garage with a sheet over it to protect it from fly-sh*t

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode my bike on I-35W in Ft Worth to Hwy 121, and Hwy 183 in the mid cities in DFW for the first time...It was a 60 mile round trip on the roads that were the most frighting to me...The wind was 15-20 mph out of the south, so that was another fear I kicked in the rear...

The lil Ninja is helping my confidence...On the highway she run 80mph at 9000rpm with a redline at 13000 in the wind...I can't wait to see how the FZ6 will ride...

joehon22

Reaction score
Visit site
-Painted my exhaust cover matte black :D
-FINALLY finished up changing my spark plugs (forgot to tighten down some bolts when I was putting everything back together and shot myself in the foot trying to figure out what was wrong for a week :ban:)
-modified my air box and replaced the air filter, not with anything special, unfortunately :(
-went for a nice long ride around town and surrounding parts with my girlfriend :thumbup:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
finally got that stupid bolt I snapped off during my TB install off the bike and replaced it with a new bolt so I could finish off the install. I also got my new license plate from the DMV (only took 2 months) so I finished the electrical wiring for the plate lights for the F/E kit

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pulled her out of the garage and she started right up. A little chilly, but what the heck, went for quick ride down the street and back.

Came back home and went inside and got geared up. Took a nice 1.5 hour ride to nowhere and back. I've got a smile on my face.

jonnylikesvtwins

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually took my inaugural ride on my newly-purchased 2008 FZ6. Rode about 100 miles & got thoroughly soaked in a strong thunderstorm that came up late in the day. Yesterday I installed Michelin Pilot Powers on the FZ6 & they handled the wet with great aplomb (fun in the dry too!). I just sold a BMW F800ST & don't feel like I've "given up" anything in the move to the FZ6. . . that is, except for about $5000 difference in cost!!

This is a fantastic motorcycle & I look forward to really putting some miles on it.

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
IMG287.jpg

Friday six of us drove through the hills and down the coast of Wales in the sunshine- did about 180 miles. Yesterday I did another 100 seeing my brother in law off the premises half way back to his place through mid Wales- cant beat these roads

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
Friday I finally got around to selling my Buell. I also put a newer, bigger, tank pad on FZ6 and slapped a blue strip right below my plate...(hope it helps me with the bike as it has with the cager)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whilst cleaning my bike I noticed that the outside rear pad had worn down to almost nothing. The inside pad had lots of meat left on it.
With the help of a Haynes manual I installed some EBC brake pads.
I have never changed pads before. It took about half an hour and I am well chuffed.

Nelly:thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually took my inaugural ride on my newly-purchased 2008 FZ6. Rode about 100 miles & got thoroughly soaked in a strong thunderstorm that came up late in the day. Yesterday I installed Michelin Pilot Powers on the FZ6 & they handled the wet with great aplomb (fun in the dry too!). I just sold a BMW F800ST & don't feel like I've "given up" anything in the move to the FZ6. . . that is, except for about $5000 difference in cost!!

This is a fantastic motorcycle & I look forward to really putting some miles on it.

I can relate to the bad weather so I opted not to ride. . . No insurance yet. . .
$4300 for an 08 w/4150miles. . .

Here's to some good times ahead! Enjoy!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Rode my bike in the Ft Worth mix master (I35 to hwy121) at night for the first time...:steve:

I'm filling like a real motorcycle rider every day...:rockon:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A thorough wash, inspection, oil and filter are on the schedule today as well as some pictures that don't involve a cell phone! lol