What do you all do for a living?....

robsfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a charter pilot. Great job, but can get old quickly. I enjoy seeing the world but as Chillin wrote, "just can't wait to get home(and for warmer weather) to get on the bike and forget about work!"

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Visit site
Currently a tool and die maker/CNC programmer-operator for a very small company. The owner and 6 employees. 15 years, comes in handing for making custom one off bike parts.

Past jobs, fuel distribution manager, high voltage tree trimmer, driver\deliveryman for a furniture company, bicycle mechanic.

pedge1

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in charge of Gage Calibration for a major filtration company (Oil/Air/Fuel - Automotive and Heavy Duty).

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
High School special ed teacher (math and school=to-work), mom, and looking for a job as a high school guidance counselor.

three full time jobs. only get paid for one though....

Right on, I used to manage the School-to-Career Grant funds for our County Office of Education, farming the money out to 20 other school districts. Taught a Diversified Occupations Class (Fancy term for Work Experience) for a couple of years at one of the local high schools.

Now I coordinate Special Projects for our County Office of Education: VCOE Student Competitions & Fundraising > Home

And am a closet do it yourselfer :D

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
Soon to be air traffic controller as well. Currently an ATC undergrad at the University of North Dakota graduating in May. Also in the Navy Reserve and am off to a few training courses for a little under a year starting in June. Will probably still be waiting for my spot in the FAA when I get back from active duty.

Good luck, there will be a lot of spots for you don't worry!!

FZ6_WVU

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a gigolo, aka male prostitute, aka man for hire.

Unfortunately, due to the recently economic down turn, I have worked for the same PVF Company (Pipe, Valve & Fittings) for the past 14 years and currently am the Warehouse Projects Manager for the Regional Distribution Centers.

But I am sure the gigolo empire will take off any time…..

Dunny

Hit the road jack
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For the past 23 years I was a Victorian Police Officer, 16 years in a covert environment. Now I'm a stay at home dad (Domestic Engineer) glad to be away from the politics and BS.:D

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
I am an electronics design engineer. It is pretty cool, and it pays well. But what I really like about it is that, if there is a need that a piece of electronics can solve, I may very well be able to design that piece of electronics.

I know, I know. "No kidding, that is what your boss pays you to do." Well, that is true. But I have a few ideas bubbling in my head not related to what I design from 8-5. And if I get the resources in place, I can design, and hopefully patent those on my own time. Then I make all the cash off the design.

Hopefully, within the next year or two, I can get to work on the side on a couple of my own ideas. I am holding out hope that that will be my key to early retirement.

Last edited:

mmorales85

Reaction score
Visit site
Currently a biochemistry major student. I was in the US army for 4 years and now I just live off my post GI bill, so definitely no need for a job as San Francisco BAH is way high. I get paid to go to school! :D

phil737

Reaction score
Visit site
I was an airline pilot for 29 years. Finally hated being away from home so much that I took an early retirement at age 57. Gonna move to Lake Havasu, AZ, sit on my boat, drink beer and watch the ladies. It's gonna suck, but I'm goin' for it anyway!

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I was an airline pilot for 29 years. Finally hated being away from home so much that I took an early retirement at age 57. Gonna move to Lake Havasu, AZ, sit on my boat, drink beer and watch the ladies. It's gonna suck, but I'm goin' for it anyway!

All I have to say about this...

:needpics:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and I own a printing business that we've had for 22 years and 2 years ago we opened an eco-friendly hair salon that our daughter runs for us here in town.

Dr.Moby

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a research scientist for a derm company looking into derm application of otherwise systemic compounds for the treatment of psoriasis, atopic dermititus, itch and some cancers. Been doing it for 10 years now

Blake

Reaction score
Visit site
Currently I work for the Army National Guard working in Recruiting and Retention been working for the guard full time for about a year now. I use to work on interiors on private jets mainly wood work/refinishing work, loved that job.. but I go where the money is and what will best suit me and my family.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a Technical Care Representative for Verizon Expert Care. I actually work for a company which handles different accounts for extended warranty plans, and I work in the Verizon department. My company also handles Best Buy, Walmart, Kmart and a lot of other extended warranty accounts. The company is growing, and is doing well even in a poor economy, so I'm pretty lucky, I guess.

Yes, I work at a call center. NO, I'm not a telemarketer. People call me to service TVs, computers, or telephones. Job's not bad, and I can get on the internet when I'm not on a call. It's usually not very busy, so I run out of things to do on the internet sometimes. The pay's not great (still getting paid hourly), but the benefits are pretty good. Insurance, a good amount of paid vacation, very flexible hours/days off, are all perks. Plus, there is a lot of room for advancement, and there are always new positions opening up.

I don't know how long I'll stay at this job, but I don't have a college degree, and I really don't want to go back to school, especially since I can't go back until I get the school I attended paid off. However, I'm only 24, and I guess I have plenty of time to decide what I want to do. I would love to find some sort of networking or computer hardware job, (even though my options may be limited by my lack of a degree) but I could also just move up in this company and be paid pretty well. I do like this company, and I wouldn't hate my job if I stayed. So I guess I'll just keep on trucking and see what happens.

P.S. Sorry for being so long-winded, here, guys. Just trying to figure out what I should do.