What fixes a squirrely rear end??

I can confirm that FZ1 has the same unhappy feeling in the turns with suspension set too soft. It's wobbly at 3.. different bike at 5 :thumbup:

Can i adjust this myself? Or maybe cliff can do it for me hehhehehe

Bring it over! :D Also double check your air pressure. Cold tire pressures are 33 and 36 front and rear with not passenger.....Just bring it but not till at least Friday cuz I'm out on a job for a few days.

Last edited:
So I havent i ridden many bikes. Is this a common problem with other bikes too in your opinion??

In my experience, every bike is improved by setting the preload to your specific preference. I'd say about 98% of riders never touch it though :(.
In MX having your bike set up the right way can make or break a race... I'm sure it applies to the top circuits in the big superbikes too. Setup is key :D

That being said i haven't touched the front or the rear on my Versys yet :spank:

Plan on it though :thumbup:

Bring it over! :D Also double check your air pressure. Cold tire pressures are 33 and 36 front and rear with not passenger.....Just bring it but not till at least Friday cuz I'm out on a job for a few days.
Dont forget im coming over for a min tomorrow after work!!!!

This is an interesting discussion, i cant wait to try out different settings.

Dont forget im coming over for a min tomorrow after work!!!!

This is an interesting discussion, i cant wait to try out different settings.

I may not be home after work tomorrow cuz I'll be in Orange County on a job. :(

Throttle control has a lot to do in where your bike rides in the proper suspension range, but I am coming up from riding and setting up dirt bikes and setting race sag on all my bikes except the Harley (Sled). I haven't had time to look into what I need to do to set my FZ6 to accommodate my weight yet, this is on my to do list over the winter. I will also call race tech to get the proper springs for my weight and the gold valves if they make them for the forks. If you start out with a suspension that's set up for you then your ahead of the game.

Back