What pressures do you set your tires at?

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
I usually stick close to the OEM settings, 34/38. Have the Dunlop Roadsmart in the rear and the BT20 in the front.
Do we need to adjust pressure of tire when cold or hot? I was told that when the tires hot, once it cools down the PSI will be higher becuase the molecules expand in the heat then regroup once cold? I'm not sure i fully understood...lol

If I get what you are saying, the tire pressure actually increases as the tire warms up and decreases as it cools down. As the tire heats up, the molecules inside gain more energy and bounce off each other with higher force, therefore increasing the pressure in the tire. If you want to see it in action, take an empty bottle of any kind and make sure the cap is on tight and throw it in the freezer. Go check it in a while and see what happens.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I run mine for 2 up all the time.

I cannot remember the setting but I am sure it is on the white sticker on the swingarm.

The sticker has been taken off mine and I stuck it in my topbox lid.

Steve

StealthFZ6N

Reaction score
Visit site
I run 38 front and back on the original D252's. Have found it makes the front alot harder but gives great feel and feedback. Didnt seem to notice too much difference in the rear between 35-38 but a mate always ran his at 34 and they seemed to cup pretty badly.

Adam