What SIZE is your helmet? and brand and model?

What SIZE is your helmet? model and brand would be nice to know as well

• Small

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Medium

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Large

Votes: 53 39.0%
  • XLarge

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • XXLarge

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • XXXLarge

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have an HJC CL-SP in XL. I love this helmet. I used to be a Nolan guy, but HJC has won me over.:thumbup::thumbup:

Edit: Here is a pic of my helmet.

Last edited:
scorpion exo-600 xxl the scorpion seemed to be smaller than the shoei's i tried on in the shop...the shoei's xl was good for me but the scorpion had to be a xxl

A bit daft but may alter the poll slightly.

Are head sizes all measured to the same standard?
I got some trainers (sneekers) from US and I am usually a size 8, the US equivilant was size 9.
Or do you guys really have big heads lol:thumbup:

Nelly

Schuberth R1 size M, Matt black. Love it!!!
schwarzmatt.gif

YELLOWWWWWWWWWWWW icon helmet in XL, i don't know what possesed me in getting yellow. Somebody said something about the importance of being seen. To top it off i also use Halo visibility something something, I don't really know what to call it but they sell it at cycle gear. It's a well ventilated helmet which can be rather noisy at times. Overall it's alright, given a second chance i think i would have pick a different helmet or at least a different color.

Scorpion EXO-400

It's my only helmet and my first, so I can't really compare it to anything. It's comfortable to me, it was cheap ($150 USD) and I wear earplugs so the noise is a non-factor.

IMO, for as many "vents" as the thing has it doesn't "vent" very well. YMMV.

I have two Nolan helmets in two different sizes. N100E in XL and a X-801 X-lite in XXL. Both fit well the XXL is a little bit big but the X-801 in XL is more than a bit too tight (in fact the XXL fits my 11 year old son quite well).

The N100E seems to be just right but it is now an old helmet. I got the X-801 to replace it and am quite happy. I wouldn't order it in XXXL as it is probably too small.

Keira, there are all sorts of options from $100.00 to $600.00. Examples of this would be the HJC CL-SP which is designed specifically for women. The Bell Ace of Clubs and Arai Force also come in sizes as small as 2XS. The misses wears an XS and she has a Vega, an HJC FF and an HJC 3/4. Trust me, the options for XS are wide ranging and at times the graphics are awesome too.....

I meant there is no option for me IN THE POLL. I obviously have a helmet, I know there are those out there that fit me. Unfortunately the maker of THE POLL decided those of us with XS heads aren't worth considering in the poll.

I meant there is no option for me IN THE POLL. I obviously have a helmet, I know there are those out there that fit me. Unfortunately the maker of THE POLL decided those of us with XS heads aren't worth considering in the poll.

I am honestly sorry. I did not mean to offend or leave anyone out. I really wanted to see if my head was really as much of a problem to fit as the shops are leading me to believe. You know how these dealerships and bike shops are. Every shop wants me to believe that I am special and therefore they have to special order me a special helmet that incurs special costs from special helmet companies.
You might actually get the same treatment as I do. I had no idea that the companies made an XS helmet. I know that they make them for children but those are really tiny and I would imagine are in a different class.
As my poll results are showing- yes the dealerships are still trying to rip me and Geico off but I really do have an oddly shaped huge head.
No one is willing to order me an XXXL helmet that might not be right for me when it comes in and then they are stuck with this huge helmet with no one to sell it to.
I need to go back out and try and find a shop that has a lot of varieties that I can try on and then order a size up when one of them fits me right.
I put on a XXL HJC that would not even come close to fitting me and five seconds later tried on a different model XXL HJC that fit awesome except that my mouth was below the chinstrap!!!

I have never been able to wear hats or sunglasses because of the headaches I get.

People are probably thinking, " Well, why doesn't he just order another Fulmer Modus?" It turns out that after six months it is actually too big now and LOUD!! I am scared to use earplugs.

Anyway sorry I offended you.:(

I've got the Shoei XR1000 in black metallic and its a L size.

Going to buy myself a Shoei XR1000 in white soon to match my Police Jacket...should give me a bit more safety and visibility on the road then.

I have an Arai Profile in S, which is the only helmet I've ever found that doesn't leave a big red welt on my forehead and headache after several hours.

I am honestly sorry. I did not mean to offend or leave anyone out. I really wanted to see if my head was really as much of a problem to fit as the shops are leading me to believe. You know how these dealerships and bike shops are. Every shop wants me to believe that I am special and therefore they have to special order me a special helmet that incurs special costs from special helmet companies.
You might actually get the same treatment as I do. I had no idea that the companies made an XS helmet. I know that they make them for children but those are really tiny and I would imagine are in a different class.
As my poll results are showing- yes the dealerships are still trying to rip me and Geico off but I really do have an oddly shaped huge head.
No one is willing to order me an XXXL helmet that might not be right for me when it comes in and then they are stuck with this huge helmet with no one to sell it to.
I need to go back out and try and find a shop that has a lot of varieties that I can try on and then order a size up when one of them fits me right.
I put on a XXL HJC that would not even come close to fitting me and five seconds later tried on a different model XXL HJC that fit awesome except that my mouth was below the chinstrap!!!

I have never been able to wear hats or sunglasses because of the headaches I get.

People are probably thinking, " Well, why doesn't he just order another Fulmer Modus?" It turns out that after six months it is actually too big now and LOUD!! I am scared to use earplugs.

Anyway sorry I offended you.:(

You didn't offend me, I was more upset with HavBlue's comment that made it seem like I am a moron, not thinking there are companies that make small-person helmets, when I am fully aware of my options. In fact, he has no idea how many hours Rob and I have spent in bike shops trying on brand after brand, and size after size, only to have nearly ALL of them be too big.

I'm sure you have a much better understanding. Some companies do not make XS, and I have been steered toward child helmets on more than one occasion. The downside is, I do track days and need a snell-approved lid for such a day. To my knowledge, Snell does not test children's helmets, though they are built to the same standards as adult helmets, thus making them ineligible for track use (at NHMS, anyway). My best fitting helmet ever was an HJC CL-14 Youth size large. Now I have an Arai Quantum 4 size XS, with the largest, poofiest cheekpads ever. It fits my head, but it doesn't fit my body at all. Gear companies have yet to figure out that when you have an XS head, you probably don't have the same build as someone with a XXXL, yet the shell is the same size....

hay Keira,

that seems like a right pain in the ass for you when looking for a helmet. Have you taken the liberty of contacting any of these companies to find out why they dont make XS? Or would it be possible to contact them and get them to specifically make an XS helmet for you...mind you it would probably cost the world to get one that way.

..mind you it would probably cost the world to get one that way.

you just answered your own question.

grad student + poverty-level income = can't afford sh*t.

The only company I contacted was HJC (most commonly carried in these parts) and was told, that's what their child helmets are for. Upon asking multiple dealerships, they said things along the lines of "Well,w e have women's helmets" at which point they show me purple and pink hearts and flowers with the SAME EXACT SIZES AND SHAPES as the "men's" helmets. It took years to get jackets, I guess helmets have to be next, right?

Last edited:
You didn't offend me, I was more upset with HavBlue's comment that made it seem like I am a moron, not thinking there are companies that make small-person helmets, when I am fully aware of my options. In fact, he has no idea how many hours Rob and I have spent in bike shops trying on brand after brand, and size after size, only to have nearly ALL of them be too big.

I'm sure you have a much better understanding. Some companies do not make XS, and I have been steered toward child helmets on more than one occasion. The downside is, I do track days and need a snell-approved lid for such a day. To my knowledge, Snell does not test children's helmets, though they are built to the same standards as adult helmets, thus making them ineligible for track use (at NHMS, anyway). My best fitting helmet ever was an HJC CL-14 Youth size large. Now I have an Arai Quantum 4 size XS, with the largest, poofiest cheekpads ever. It fits my head, but it doesn't fit my body at all. Gear companies have yet to figure out that when you have an XS head, you probably don't have the same build as someone with a XXXL, yet the shell is the same size....
A long shot but what about approaching Shoei or Arai in Japan, or even better maybe pm Kumja and see if the home grown lids are different sizes. Demographically and genetically south east Asians are smaller than western people.
Kumja is a top fella and would defo have a look for you. It's a pain when you can't get kit. I have a regular body length but I am missing about 3" in leg length. I have to do all my own pant alterations.

Nelly

I wear a Large Fulmer Orbit full face helmet. it is dot snell rated. Its a very comfortable helmet, considering I have never owned a helmet before, I dont have any problem wearing it when I ride my bike. Good ventilation.

Back