what to look out for on a used FZ6?

thanks for all the feedback guys. The problem is that for some reasson here in the Bay Area all the bikes are going for like 4500 and up the ones that are going for under 4k are with more then 10k miles on them and im not looking to get a bike with that many miles. How do you post pic so I can show you guys the used bike i saw this weekend?

Man, it's the same thing in SoCal. I've seen nothing but 1st gens going for anywhere from $3500-$4500 and they all have at least 10K miles on them, most have 20-25K miles. Perhaps we need to go to another state and buy? :D

i thought a bout that but what states bikes will work with california ?. I don't see the savings of buying a used one for more then 4k with so many miles. when you could negotiate a new one for like 6k.

I've seen some in AZ, NV, and UT. I'm not too sure about the DMV thing, but I know lots of people have done it. To me, I'd rather save myself $2K+, I'll never buy new again unless I have money to burn. The miles on these bikes don't bother me too much since the engine is so durable. Besides I'd use it as a bargaining point. However, when I'm ready to buy I'll be getting the one with the lowest miles/best shape.

Did a quick search on CL, no wonder you're feeling the way you are, those people are smoking the good stuff! :eek: Jeez!!! People in NoCal are CRAZY thinking they can get the prices they're asking for their FZ's.

tell me about it! people here want more then what their bikes are worth. just because they pay like 9k+ OTD because they had no idea on how to negotiate they think we should pay for the difference they lost. I have seen ads of guys that get new bikes and put like 2k miles on them and then they decide to sell them for what ever reason and want more of what the bike is worth because they still owe that much money. funny stuff

Oh for sure! I seen a guy trying to sell an 09 650R with 1800 miles on it for $6K, claimed he bought it with warranty for $9K!! Just because he overpaid for that bike doesn't mean anyone else will. You can buy that bike brand new for less than $7K, not sure why anyone would though. :confused:
It's all good because their bikes most likely won't sell anyways. Just frustrating to see.

Back