What's a good price for a new 07?

mech75

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a dealer telling me 6400 OTD, only saw one other thread w/price for a used 05.

How low can I push before I start asking for accessories, free delivery, free 600 mi service etc?

already got full gear, don't really need anything but frame sliders...

Ideas?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thats what i got OTD, never hurts to ask about the accessories, services ect... Go for whatever you can get, but that seems like a decent deal to me, if it is in fact OTD price.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Biker711

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a leftover red 07 for $5995 otd. In addition, he is throwing in the 600 mile service. It was the best price I could find.

PlasticPig

Reaction score
Visit site
If that is his opening offer then negotiate hard, personally I would offer quite a bit under $6k and see what happens, he won't accept it but at least you will have set a marker that you are not willing to accept his first price.

Another useful trick is whatever he tells you is his final price, don't accept it and ask for lower price/service/accessories etc, then start to walk out if he refuses, chances are you won't get half way to the door before he comes back with a better deal.

I my past I was the sales controller in a car dealership (the "boss" who the salesman always has to go see whilst negotiating) so am speaking from experience by the way.

Wanders

Reaction score
Visit site
Always, ALWAYS, low ball a dealership for they are high balling you from the start. I got my 07 out the door for exactly 6k it had just under 300 miles on it. Got him to pull 15% off of everything I purchased in the store which was a lot as I bought all of my gear through him as well.

In the end we both were happy, oh the asking price of the bike was 6,999 before taxes and liscencing. So I think I did alright, may have milked a few more dollars out of him but my buddy made the mistake of saying how much he loved the bike. The sales man smiled as I told him to go sit in the car as this is the 1st mistake when purchasing anything that involves negotiating.

Peter10

Reaction score
Visit site
Private party purchase for my 2006 with 1200 miles in perfect condition for $3,600. I would have rather have an 07' or newer but could not resist the low price and low milage. I love this bike! It replaces a 2003 Honda ST1300.