What's a reasonable Aussie price for spares?

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got some spares making a mess in the man cave... and a desire to buy some more... useful parts instead for my projects...

I did a search for most of these, there didn't seem much around, at least locally... or my searching was off but thought some of you might be more aware of what this stuff should go for.

Any help much appreciated.

2009 FZ6N gas tank in black/yellow
- first used late 2011 till early 2012
- approx 6 months of use before I replaced it with a black one.
- no dings, dents or major scratches - might be some tiny ones that should polish out
- only removed to change colour of bike

2009 FZ6N front fender
- same condition/reason for removal as above

2009 FZ6N stock mirrors

2009 stock zaust

2009 stock rearsets
- slight wear on these, nothing brutal
- standard pegs + some Black Pro-tek Rider Foot Pegs
- standard guard and the ebay CF inserts too

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Will let you know... once i work out what it's worth :thumbup:

Will also be replacing the CF front fender sometime with an R6 one... probably not for quite a few months yet tho :p

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Will :)

It has been a very long time dince you last posted something :spank:

How are the mods on your FZ going?
How are theRX and RD?

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Degake!

I have been doing stuff... honest!

I'd setup a new website to put up a lot of what I was doing onto it recently... and the webhost has been having issues for about 9 days now... so it's not even working. Now I'm working on setting up my own virtual private server on another host :spank:

Been looking into doing my own fabrication for the RD... engine side casing... switch housings... and possibly self anodizing some parts. Lots of reading... and thinking :rolleyes: I wonder if i can do the entire frame for something different... might look horrid tho.

Have bought a bunch of parts for the RD - engine bits and peices, carbies, exhausts, filters, reproduction brake caliper....

Will probably buy some adjustable clipons... on the edge of getting rid of the points and going electronic ignition and replacing the entire electricals in the process and using a 12v system...

As for the RX, new plug, new battery, still not firing... will probably check over the electrics this weekend to see if i can find a blown fuse or wiring issue... not sure how points work, will have a look at that... but I'll probably require a hand to work out what's going on with that. Thankfully a friend offered to help, when he has some time. :D

I'll shoot you an url when I've got my new site sorted :D

SPEAKING of people who don't post recently... where's those pics of your new bike eh? :D

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Degake!

I have been doing stuff... honest!

I'd setup a new website to put up a lot of what I was doing onto it recently... and the webhost has been having issues for about 9 days now... so it's not even working. Now I'm working on setting up my own virtual private server on another host :spank:

I'll shoot you an url when I've got my new site sorted :D

You really can't trust anyone or anything to keep your stuff safe/working :mad:
I definately want that link when you get everything sorted :thumbup:

Been looking into doing my own fabrication for the RD... engine side casing... switch housings... and possibly self anodizing some parts. Lots of reading... and thinking :rolleyes: I wonder if i can do the entire frame for something different... might look horrid tho.

You are getting in the mood :eek:
But wouldn't you rather finish your FZ6 first? Instead of getting that deep in rebuilding that RD ;)
If you need some fresh insights/thoughts about what you're willing to fabricate, just let me know all the details... :D

Have bought a bunch of parts for the RD - engine bits and peices, carbies, exhausts, filters, reproduction brake caliper....

Will probably buy some adjustable clipons... on the edge of getting rid of the points and going electronic ignition and replacing the entire electricals in the process and using a 12v system...

Damn....
I don't want to pay all those bills :eek:
Did you perhaps win the lottery? :Flash:
As for the 12v system; if you can source all the needed parts, it would definately be a HUGE step up regarding the prehistoric 6volt system. You will also get a much better spark with an updated system :)

As for the RX, new plug, new battery, still not firing... will probably check over the electrics this weekend to see if i can find a blown fuse or wiring issue... not sure how points work, will have a look at that... but I'll probably require a hand to work out what's going on with that. Thankfully a friend offered to help, when he has some time. :D

Can you send me some detailed info about the issues you're having (and maybe some pics/vids regarding the issue as well)?
Maybe I recognise some of your problems and can point you in the right direction....

SPEAKING of people who don't post recently... where's those pics of your new bike eh? :D

I really want to know where they are as well....
Someone broke in into our house (in the morning :mad: when we were out with our little boy to buy him a new bicycle and stuff for his birthday :spank:)...
TV's gone, audio setup gone, laptops and pc gone, ....
They took every electronic device they could get their hands on (they only scavanged the first floor, they didn't go up the stairs....
They even took our central media storage (sort of NAS server) and my girlfriends KitchenAid :disapprove:

Luckily they couldn't get to the car keys, as they are always in the garage, which has a keycode on all entry doors...
The insurance took care of all of it (replaced it with all knew, shiny Apple products :D), though we lost all of our photographs and vids saved on the stolen devices...
(that will remember me to make multiple backups.... :()

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! Sorry to hear that! That really sucks. Yeah, I have the same issue with backing up my photos... really should set up off-site backups for that. @_@ Backing up files to the same house is kind of pointless in case of break ins or... a fire. :( Glad you had insurance.

I do intend to finish the FZ6, I'm resisting a lot of RD purchases at the moment, the CDI kit for instance:

RDDreams Chinoy Digital Ignition Electrical System RD350 RD400 R5 (Dynamic Version) | (Economy Cycle)

That's not cheap!

I'm not doing the FZ6 front end till I have the RX running decently tho... as I want to have something to ride to work while I take too long to get the FZ6 completed ;) I hate public transport ... way too much.

Will shoot you some more details re: RX this weekend after I hunt around for the oddly placed fuses... apparently there's one under the tank? How convenient... ughhhhhhhhhh. Cannot seem to get tank high enough without pulling the cables to locate said fuse... don't want to dump fuel inside the house... so a job for saturday... outside. :D

Altho I do have permission to turn the downstairs rumpus type room into my workshop now :D :D :D

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! Sorry to hear that! That really sucks. Yeah, I have the same issue with backing up my photos... really should set up off-site backups for that. @_@ Backing up files to the same house is kind of pointless in case of break ins or... a fire. :( Glad you had insurance.

Yeah, off-site backup is the way to go....
I think we might have 95%+ of all our photographs and vids covered though... (We have a huge photodisplay integrated in the wall) (at least they couldn't get away with this badboy :D), which has a dedicated HDD connected to it, with all our family photographs and vids... (Up to 2 weeks before those (_*_)s got in :mad:
I guess, since we now almost are an Apple store, it's best to get some decent storage capacity in the cloud..... :ban:

I do intend to finish the FZ6, I'm resisting a lot of RD purchases at the moment, the CDI kit for instance:

RDDreams Chinoy Digital Ignition Electrical System RD350 RD400 R5 (Dynamic Version) | (Economy Cycle)

That's not cheap!

That really is a LOT of money :eek::scared:
But it seems to be a very nice kit :thumbup: It will get your RD running like a champ, that's for sure :D
But one question: how much money do you allready have in that bike? :rolleyes::Flash:

I'm not doing the FZ6 front end till I have the RX running decently tho... as I want to have something to ride to work while I take too long to get the FZ6 completed ;) I hate public transport ... way too much.

It's good to have a backup bike to ride, especially when you have such great weather/roads like you Aussies.... :)
Public transport is good for the environment!! You should take it to safe our planet :spank:
But if it's as horrible as here in Belgium, you're right to stay away :eek:
(I ain't going to take some public transport to do 2hrs+ for what would only take 35min with the car/bike :eek:

Will shoot you some more details re: RX this weekend after I hunt around for the oddly placed fuses... apparently there's one under the tank? How convenient... ughhhhhhhhhh. Cannot seem to get tank high enough without pulling the cables to locate said fuse... don't want to dump fuel inside the house... so a job for saturday... outside. :D

You've got to love that "old-skool" ingenuity :BLAA:
Just siphon all the gas out of the tank first. (Or if you have a pet****, just turn it to "off").
It wouldn't hurt to give it all a very nice clean and some tender love ;) (Not too much, or the misses will be mad :eek:)

Altho I do have permission to turn the downstairs rumpus type room into my workshop now :D :D :D

That's more like it!! :thumbup:
First thing to do: get some decent "manly" accessories... (Fridge with beer, nice (retro) television, good music....)
Second: Invite some mates and strippers to inaugurate the workshop (heck, you could ask entrance money and recover some of your bills of the RD :D)

And lastly; tell the misses that that room is "off limit", unless you want her to clean it :BLAA: :ban:

Grtz,

Degake

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thread officially derailed...

Hahaha are you living an iLife? :spank:

Good to hear you got most of your photos! IF people steal your computer case maybe you need something a bit harder to move: http://s4da5c6f50c573.img.gostorego...73124_177984762240204_759136_1538132929_n.jpg

Yeah the CDI kit isn't cheap but it does upgrade it to 12V, includes new wiring harness, left hand switches and some other things. I think you can get one with it setup for anti-wheelies too... like the beemers have. Which could be REALLY fun to pin the throttle with!

I think I'll be able to get it on the road for a little over 1k (including purchase)... probably wont look pretty (for a while) but that's ok... :D

Yeah, I can do most of it inside but inside isn't set up very well yet... a lot of stuff to sort out!

Got the beer sorted, one end of the room has a bar and bar fridge :D
Too lazy to take a photo right now but you can see part of the bar here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/twR78PP1XoD9hKu9tqbshNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Computer is in room next door (my office) with some ok speakers... so that's taken care of... no TV tho...

Gotta prioritize tools at this stage tho! :spank: and storage!! You have no idea how bad it is... I'd take a photo but it's pretty messy :BLAA:

:spank::spank::spank:

It's getting better... slowly

Anyway think the next part I order will be those integrated mirrors I showed you ages ago for the FZ6... which are the last parts I require... just need to harden up and pull the headlight apart... without breaking it. :rolleyes: So need to go buy a craft knife ... hrmn... to ebay!

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Thread officially derailed...

Hahaha are you living an iLife? :spank:

Good to hear you got most of your photos! IF people steal your computer case maybe you need something a bit harder to move: http://s4da5c6f50c573.img.gostorego...73124_177984762240204_759136_1538132929_n.jpg

Yup, I think we have every single iDevice available for now :spank: Thanks to my girlfriend... :rolleyes: She says all the iDevices are "easier" to work with.... (But she is a bit challenged IT-wise :D:Flip:), and I really like the design and quality (+ very nice screens and LOTS of third party stuff available)
We're going to look at some new security systems next month... let's see what that'll bring ;)

Yeah the CDI kit isn't cheap but it does upgrade it to 12V, includes new wiring harness, left hand switches and some other things. I think you can get one with it setup for anti-wheelies too... like the beemers have. Which could be REALLY fun to pin the throttle with!

I think I'll be able to get it on the road for a little over 1k (including purchase)... probably wont look pretty (for a while) but that's ok... :D

Don't get that anti-wheelie stuff :eek: That's half the fun of 2-stroke engines :D:p

1K is rather OK to get the RD in driveable condition....
You said earlier you bought carbs and exhaust.... stock? or modified? (bigger carbs, expansion chamber, ...) :cool:

Yeah, I can do most of it inside but inside isn't set up very well yet... a lot of stuff to sort out!

Got the beer sorted, one end of the room has a bar and bar fridge :D
Too lazy to take a photo right now but you can see part of the bar here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/twR78PP1XoD9hKu9tqbshNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Computer is in room next door (my office) with some ok speakers... so that's taken care of... no TV tho...

Gotta prioritize tools at this stage tho! :spank: and storage!! You have no idea how bad it is... I'd take a photo but it's pretty messy :BLAA:

:spank::spank::spank:

It's getting better... slowly

You can send me some pictures through PM of your mess, if you'd like to :BLAA:
I'm glad you've got the beer step covered as first :D
Too bad you don't live around here :ban::D
As for tools; decent tools will cost a lot more than those cheapo DIYO (Do It Yourself for One time :D) crap, but it will last a lot longer as well....
So I'd suggest to go search some very decent tools, as it looks like you will stay tinkering for quite a while to come :D

Anyway think the next part I order will be those integrated mirrors I showed you ages ago for the FZ6... which are the last parts I require... just need to harden up and pull the headlight apart... without breaking it. :rolleyes: So need to go buy a craft knife ... hrmn... to ebay!

Yup, I remember those mirrors...
Is that headlight still not apart :eek:
Maybe you should/could take it to some body/tuning shop and have them separate them for you? :Flash:

It looks like Ducati have finally a part made that won't fall apart :BLAA:

Grtz,

Degake

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't get that anti-wheelie stuff :eek: That's half the fun of 2-stroke engines :D:p
It would be cool if it is toggleable... some have multiple mappings you can set... to be able to set between would be nice. Wheelies can be fun but so can having it take off at stupid speeds without me getting too much ire from the boys in blue. They don't like 1 wheeled motorcycles :spank: ;)

1K is rather OK to get the RD in driveable condition....
You said earlier you bought carbs and exhaust.... stock? or modified? (bigger carbs, expansion chamber, ...) :cool:

Just some cheap zausts and carbs... had seen some lovely custom made ones that look delicious... but I went with cheap first... lets just get it to go! :D

You can send me some pictures through PM of your mess, if you'd like to :BLAA:
I'm glad you've got the beer step covered as first :D
Too bad you don't live around here :ban::D
As for tools; decent tools will cost a lot more than those cheapo DIYO (Do It Yourself for One time :D) crap, but it will last a lot longer as well....
So I'd suggest to go search some very decent tools, as it looks like you will stay tinkering for quite a while to come :D

I wont ever stop tinkering haha I just need to not take any more bikes on till i finish the ones i have :spank:

Yup, I remember those mirrors...
Is that headlight still not apart :eek:
Maybe you should/could take it to some body/tuning shop and have them separate them for you? :Flash:

It looks like Ducati have finally a part made that won't fall apart :BLAA:

I should have my new craft knives arriving in a week or two (broke one on the headlight last time!) so will give it a crack then. Haven't had a free weekend to do anything in weeks :(

I'll update the RD thread with relevant info...