What's That Noise?

Reaction score
Visit site
Just recently bought an '05 FZ6 (5000 miles). Sweet, except for one thing. There is a sound I can't seem to trace. It's sort of like a tire hum on the pavement, most noticeable between 35~45 mph, wind noise taking over after that. Also seems to be coming from the front end. Clutch in, clutch out, differing road surfaces, same noise. Checked the hub; bearings are cool to the touch. Tire (Michelin Pilot) looks good, feels smooth and even to the touch, and is properly inflated. The dealer says that's normal, I say he's full of baloney. I've never had a bike before that made that noise. And I don't believe it's normal for an FZ6 either.

HELP !!

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a feeling that the noise is not normal. I have had my 2007 for two weeks now and I have not heard any unusual noises. Maybe someone on here has had the same problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you guys are right. Went to the link y'all supplied. Thanks, Shaggy. At any rate, I'll be levering on a new tire this Friday (Michelin Pilot Road). Dealer will do it. Gladly pay the fifteen bucks in order to keep the hide on my knuckles, and the words out of my mouth. Maybe that will help. And thanks for the link. Still new to the forum thingee, I have a time just trying to navigate around. Trying to find previous posts is a puzzle. And how in the world did you do a 'link'? And what is meant by 'rep power'?