What's the best Action Camcorder GoPro, Drift, Contour, Adixxion, or other?

D

Dave.TX

The Drift HD Ghost looks pretty nice. About $400 retail. It doesn't have GPS to record speed, altitude or anything like that but not everyone wants GPS info on their pics/vids. I do like the remote mic (which my old Contour GPS does not have). I'll keep my C-GPS as I'll be getting a Dual Sport bike hopefully in the next year and it's fun to track via Google Maps where you are during the video.

Though the video was fairly informative it drove me crazy that it was handheld with an iPhone and not on a tripod or mount to hold it steady and a little further away instead of 1-2 inches from what he was recording. Rrrrrr...

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
My official vote now goes to the drift. also if you havent purchased yet (anybody looking really) use the code "TGS" - to get $100 for free with purchase of a drift cam. and use the code "snake" to get $30 off the purchase of a drift cam. here is a good review of the camera, as well as how to set up a helmet cam/mic system:

i just like how you get everything with the drift, you dont have to buy a ton of extra crap, or drift specific mounts (and i own a Hero3 silver which i really do like, the black is just too much money for no real gain imho)

The Hero3 Black jumps up your fps compared to all the other. A true 1080p HD experience should be shot with at least 60fps. That is the difference between the black and everything else. The Black gets 1080p60fps, 720p120fps. The only thing that is close is the Sony Action Cam which goes up to the 120fps but it eliminates the sound. But you have to have extra batteries and SD cards because shooting at that will gobble up battery life and memory.