What's the best first mod?

ang1dust

My bike is smokin I think
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
what to do

First mod! Drop the bike and put a scuff just below the right mirror where th corner of the cowl is! I like it, gives the bike character. Thats the only time i have dropped the bike (while i was stationary i must say). What is this headlight mod you guys talk of? Turning both lights on at the same time or wha? I want the 4500kelvin HID lights and i was thinking of trying to put them in both sides. Can anyone give a link to show me how to do it? btw i have been buying HID's for my car i love them... XenonRider.com - Xenon Rider Automotive Xenon & Bi-Xenon HID (High Intensity Discharge) Headlight Conversion Kits for Cars & Motorcycles if you mention ebay i think he takes like 40 bucks off his web site price. And so far my next mod will be the front gear for gas milage and the attempt to beat the 158 top speed record! :)

*ill try to do it on an empty highway in attempt to NOT run into traffik*

Other than the headlights, grips, sliders (dont really want them), stickers (ugh i stil have mine) and maybe a 30 dollar front gear like i got what would you upgrade?

conservative: ??

race: ??

I have always wanted to add an intake induction from the 2 front slits in the cowl and creat a path to the intake in front of the tank, at least pushing some air to the intake cuasing less stress. Maybe thats stupid but i think it would look like i knew what im doing... :D

I hear an X chain is much better than an O chain - thats not too much.

azoton

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned a suspension upgrade. I freaking hate the front end :( - and while I haven't done anything about it yet, it WILL be the first mod.

:)

JohnnyT

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Mav, do you mean the first mod or the best mod? The mods just keep on coming, and to tell the truth, it's all good. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Mav, do you mean the first mod or the best mod? The mods just keep on coming, and to tell the truth, it's all good. :thumbup:

When I first started writing the thread I was thinking best first mod to do, but I hadn't realized I already lost my mod virginity by virtue of removing stickers as I came to learn from all the great posts.

Like you said JohnnyT, it's all good - first mod or best mod....:rockon:

Lots of great ideas folks and with winter coming I'm sure some of us will take that time to do more cool stuff to the wonderful FZ...

Cheers

yamadamadoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have any suggestions where I can find wider bars with more of a foward pitch ? I know it is a standard 7/8 inch width.

ScottyJFZ

UVBNFZD....Watch Out!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Try some Rizoma bars...they do lower you a bit and the sweep is less and a tad wider...My brother just put some red ones on his FZ6...

Check out the pictures in this thread...these are the Rizoma bars on my FZ1..same ones my brother just put on....go to www.pjsparts.com...talk to Paige or PJ and tell them Scotty J sent you from the FZ1 forum.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/1471-rizoma-handlebars-pics.html

Otherwise you could try the stock GEN2 FZ1 bars..it is just a flat bar...that would lean you more forward and they are a bit wider I think...just local Yamaha dealer..I think they are like $30.

Scotty J.

Last edited:

yamadamadoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Checked out your pix. Bars look good. Do the bar end mirrors vibrate alot while riding ?The pitch on the stock Fz6 bars is too far back for me. Hurts my wrists on long trips. Thanks

ScottyJFZ

UVBNFZD....Watch Out!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Mirrors are solid with no vibes...In hte picture I am using stock bar ends...I just moved the throttle switch housing in about 3/8" and then the mirrors mounted on the actual barends...not the bars....Again, this is an FZ1 not an FZ6...my brother had the same complaint with the FZ6 stock bars...he just mounted the same ones in my picture(but in RED) on his FZ6...he says it is much better and little bit more aggressive ..they are a tad lower than stock...he installed rizoma barends on his...

I got the mirrors at Cycle Gear...Motrax brand fro like $69.00.....do you if anyone has made hole covers for the FZ6? so the stock mirrors can be removed...

Just call PJ or Paige at wwww.pjsparts.com....they will answer any questions and PJ will tap the bars for you so you can use your stock barends...The FZ1 and FZ6 have same size bar ends...

Scotty J.

Last edited:

yamadamadoo

Reaction score
Visit site
I took your advice on the FZ1 bars to start. Just ordered them today. They are the cheapest alternative at the moment for me (still makin' payments on the ol' girl). Got them for $24.88 from Discount Yamaha OEM Motorcycle ATV, Scooter, Watercraft, Parts and Accessories . They're a little slow shipping but are the cheapest OEM Yammy parts place i've found. If I like how the bars feel, i'll look into those bar end mirrors as long as I can figure out a way to fill in the mirror holes on my 2005 fz6 windshield so it don't look stupid.

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
Tank Stickers (my hats off to the guy that got em off in an hour!)
Frame Sliders
Headlight Mod

Goin' up a tooth on the front sprocket soon...