Wheel Alinement Question

Hypno-Toad

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all I have a 05 FZ6, when Im' coasting down a hill and ride no hands to stretch, I notice that the bike isnt very balanced...I have to shifht my weight to the right to keep it straight..Not severe but noticeable..the bike hasent been dumped as far as I know..when I got it home I noticed the rear wheel axel markers were out a bit, say 1 1/2, I set the wheel back to even marks...Can a bike shop do a wheel allinenment?? was the wheel straight with the odd setting am I going crazy??? :Sport:

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
The axel setting should be the same on both sides so that could be the problem. Since you have fixed that it should be better now.

I'm not you mommy but please keep at least one hand on the handlebars. All it takes is a small animal or a rock to cause a face plant. I don't like anyone to tell me how to ride and I don't mean this in a mean or condescending way, I just don't you to end up in our newly formed "Hall Of Shame". So please take no offence.:Sport:

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
Before you do anything drastic to your bike take two scales, put them together and stand on them without looking at them. Just look straight ahead. Have someone else measure the weight of each scale. The weights should be equal, or at least within one pound. If they are not, your pelvis may be uneven. This problem will cause you to sit unevenly on your bike. This is usually something you wouldn't notice, but may effect your bike when riding without holding onto your handle bars. Dr. Bart Stevens, Chiropractor

Having a thick wallet under one cheek can cause an imbalance also.

W

wrightme43

Before you do anything drastic to your bike take two scales, put them together and stand on them without looking at them. Just look straight ahead. Have someone else measure the weight of each scale. The weights should be equal, or at least within one pound. If they are not, your pelvis may be uneven. This problem will cause you to sit unevenly on your bike. This is usually something you wouldn't notice, but may effect your bike when riding without holding onto your handle bars. Dr. Bart Stevens, Chiropractor

Having a thick wallet under one cheek can cause an imbalance also.

Wow!!
That never ever even would of thought about crossing my mind.
I need to do that. I was in a car wreck last year, and my right hip hurts almost constantly now. I have to sleep with a body pillow to get any good rest. I know there is some sort of problem.