Where you stayed with your bike, Accommodation In Europe.

Silvia6

Reaction score
Visit site

Silvia6

Reaction score
Visit site
City: Texel
Accommodation type: Hotel
Name of the accommodation: Prins Hendrik Texel

Booking.com link: https://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/pr...l?sid=59fd484d65e393f0a41e5cdcd720ffd8;dcid=2

Price: ~80 Eur/ night (double room)

Great place! Everybody was so friendly, (the receptionist is also a biker), the place is really nice and quiet. The room was very clean, the breakfast was nice and I liked it a lot!

Silvia6

Reaction score
Visit site
City: Bruges
Name of the accommodation: B&B De Vijf Zuilen

Booking.com link: https://www.booking.com/hotel/be/de...l?sid=59fd484d65e393f0a41e5cdcd720ffd8;dcid=2

Price: ~80 Eur/ night (double room)

This is the best accommodation ever! The owners are very biker friendly. They have an indoor garage so the motorcycle is safe but the house itself is absolutely amazing. Each room has a certain theme. I stayed in the Romantic room (yeah, lots of hearts and girly thingies) but there are more rooms to choose from. The owner pays so much attention to details ..and this is what makes this accommodation the best accommodation ever. The breakfast is ....WOW!..The owners also gave me a coupon with 5 euro discount so if anyone is interested in staying here, please send me a message and I will give you the coupon code for the discount.

Silvia6

Reaction score
Visit site

Silvia6

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Silvia6 - I want to get down to Croatia and Hungary myself at sometime point.

Yeeeesss..Croatia is wonderful! it's sort of bikers' heaven. Perfect highways and roads, all curvy with many U turns..no police..no radars..amazing landscapes! Aaaand...cheap accommodation, cheap and great food, all sorts of water activities such as: para-sailing, snorkeling, sailing (very reasonably priced), etc.. Croatia is indeed the most beautiful country I've ever visited. I first visited Croatia last year (on my 2013 motorcycle tour) and I loved it so much that I decided to stay a bit longer this year..and visit more of this wonderful country.

Hungary on the other hand is a bit dull. The relief is flat, no curves. Good roads though, but many speed limits (30 km in villages). It's nice to visit the spas. They have a lot of 5 star spas, which are very cheap (especially at the border with Austria, in cities like Sarvar for example). Other than that..Hungary is not as spectacular as Croatia. Oh, and Hungarians don't really speak foreign languages (some speak German.. but that's it)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got around to adding these to the list/map :eek:

Any other Euro (and yes that includes the UK ;)) riders out there who stayed at a hotel/B&B/camping with their bikes?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Town: Dasburg
Name of the accommodation: Daytona hotel

IMG_0143.JPG

I stayed here at the end of August with a large Group (about 45) from my work.
The owners are a friendly Dutch couple and they spoke several languages
I was in a 3 man attic room, which I shared with 2 others. There was a shower, a toilet and a washbasin in the room, The toilet cubicle reminded me of the type on the ferry. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

This was the view from our room:

IMG_0064.JPG

and this one was also taken from our room, but I must admit I had to stick my head out for this one.

IMG_0069.JPG

There is a bar and dining area which worked well together. There is a good selection of whiskies. There is also a large games/TV room, with a pool table and a darts board and free WIFI in the hotel. We had a 3 course meal when we arrived (soup, schnitzel and pudding) which was really nice. And on the Saturday we had a BBQ on a grassy area diagonally opposite the hotel. Both mornings we had a great continental breakfast.
The hotel has a large garage but unfortunately not enough for all our bikes so most of us had our bikes parked on the parking area opposite.
The location is great for rides, on the border with lots of twisties in Germany and in Luxemburg. There are several routes on their website.
I Would definately come here again.

Last edited:

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, didn't get many photos of the Welsh place - Home, but it's a great place to stay and good food each evening. The hosts Nigel and Tiv are lovely and if you need a guide for the area he'll try and sort you out.
"Trem Hyfryd" Barmouth Road, Dolgellau,
Gwynedd, Wales, United Kingdom. LL40 2SP.
Telephone: 01341 423192

--
My Euro trip this year was a 12 day one to the Misano Moto GP :)
Some of the places I've stayed before so I'll only list the new ones and my thoughts on them.

Hotel Name: Hotel Haus Sonnschein

Clean and basic, has free Wifi and off road parking for bikes and is also right on the river Moselle.
Cochem is a beautiful town and would be worth staying a few days for the sights, wine and local roads.

Address: Uferstrasse/Kerwerstrasse 1-5, 56812 Cochem, Germany.
Telephone: +4926717070
Email: [email protected]

--
Hotel Name: Hotel Miravalle

I've actually stayed here before, but this time we was in the Residence Rooms which is a Wellness centre, great for Spa stuff and very nice rooms. Much better than the main hotel, plus you have a mega underground garage with a automatic door to park the bikes in. Again the owners separate restaurant serves great food and good prices. Warning though, it's closed Mondays but you can eat in the hotel, food is ok but not much choice.

Address: Via Marconi, 12, 38010 Coredo, Italy
Telephone: 390463536141
Website: Hotel Miravalle - Coredo - Val di Non - Trentino | Coredo - Trentino - Val di Non

--
Hotel Name: Villaggio La Pescaccia

We stayed here a few nights and it's not badly priced considering it was Moto GP weekend, it's 3km from the track so walkable or you could ride a bit nearer and pay to park. We walked.
It had a hot tube in the room and there is also a outdoor swimming pool and spa to use. All very nice. No restaurant on site (they serve breakfast though) but there is one about 10/15min walk which serves food that's in season. No menu, but with a bit of sign language and Google Translate you can get by, well priced and full of locals.
The hotel also recommended another place which is a taxi journey away, the hotel can sort this, brilliant food, owner really looks after you and gave us a free bottle of Grappa at the end of the meal. The price of food was cheap considering the quality/quantity that was served. Ristorante pizzeria Morciano di Romagna, cucina romagnola, pizza forno a legna, menù di carne e pesce | Ristorante Pizzeria Il Borgo

Address: Via Petrarca 15, 47832 San Clemente, Misano Italy
Telephone: +39.0541.988254
Website: Hotel Rimini, Villaggio la Pescaccia, Alberghi Rimini

--
Hotel Name: Spengler Hostel

Well, as always with Switzerland, bloody expensive for what you get. Basic and clean hostel. Does have a underground secure carpark. That's about all I can say about this place. As for Davos, don't eat out, go to the supermarket and buy bread, cheese/ham and beers to save a lot of money!!! Unless you're minted.

Address: Schulstrasse 20, 7270 Davos, Switzerland
Telephone: +41814151600

--

Sliders Guest House

Very basic dorm type rooms, they can serve up a meal if you ask, basic stuff but edible. We only stayed here cause it's cheap and near http://www.nuerburgring.de - sadly it rained and we couldn't get a lap of the Ring. Next time :)
This place does has a garage for bikes and is owned by a British motorcycle rider :)

Lindenstrasse 77
53945 Dollendorf
Tel: 0049 (0)2697 906 201
Mob: 0049 (0) 163 671 3493

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Many thanks for your reviews Nivag, sounds like a great trip :thumbup: you seem to be the only one who has been anywhere this year, I'll add it to the map later.
BTW I love Cochem used to camp there a lot when I was stationed in Germany (many years ago now), great riding area as well.
Of course if anyone else has been on a trip (away from home) please let others know about the places you stayed, thanks.