Who's ready for some cool weather?

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I am. I imagine there are a few more in the area that feel the same way. I'm tired of dripping with sweat for the ride home from work. I've actually been commuting in the car for the past couple of weeks. It's just been miserable. We are usually in the mid 90's everyday and the humidity can be pretty bad on the Gulf Coast. In just over two weeks, according to the weather channel this area's average should be in the mid 80's. That will be nice.

i'm with you! i'm in GA where the temp is mid 90's but humidity is near 100% some days. uggh!
sometimes on the ride home i'll be fairly comfy then i hit a red light. within seconds my head is on fire and the sweat begins to pour!

Definitely ready for cool weather!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

It's been hot and muggy, although I do have to say the summer wasn't as bad as last year. This year I think I saw 118, last year I saw 130!

Cant say that I agree, although we don't get near the same highs as you all. For me cooler weather means snow is not too far off. We've already had some nights where it's gotten down into the 40s. I'm not looking forward to packing up the FZ in the garage.

Cant say that I agree, although we don't get near the same highs as you all. For me cooler weather means snow is not too far off. We've already had some nights where it's gotten down into the 40s. I'm not looking forward to packing up the FZ in the garage.

too bad for you....my riding season is just beginning! :p

I am always always ready for cold weather. I have hated the weather were I live all my life. I love fall mostly those temps are perfect but would rather cold over hot anyday. I am also saying all this with no understand of what its going to be like when I wake up and its 30 to 40 degrees outside. My first bike first time riding and I guess this will be my first winter riding also. I will just put a :D on my face and head off. Here its about like the guy in Georgia was saying usually between 85 to right at 100s but what sucks the most 100% humidity is almost a given.

yeah cooler weather will be nice, but here in chicago cool weather means snow, but thats means i can break out my other red yamaha. with the R1 motor in it

ME! I've been sweating my you-know-whats off in the motorpool prepping vehicles for the hurricanes! UGH. The humidity sucks.

Its already starting to get a little chilly in the mornings/evenings here. I've started adding a hoodie under my jacket when I go out for a rip after supper.

I've been watching the days get shorter and the evening temps colder and I have NOT been happy about it. I ride AMAP in the Winter, mostly in the heat of the day, but I found the salt affected metal parts on the ninja last year. Bottom line though, I'm happy for whatever ride time I can get in.

After the abysmal summer here in France, I am waiting for summer to arrive before it gets colder!

I have been wearing winter jacket and gloves all through August! :(

I can't say that I'm exactly ready for winter. Even though I sweat like a pig in a slaughter house, I'm not looking forward to the wintery blasts that chill me to the bone. And no, I am not really planning on packing my bike up for the winter. Just the super cold, freezing days. Outside of that, I'll have to get myself some heavier gloves an a hoody, and I think I'll be somewhat ready.

X

I'm near Sacramento, CA. Sure, it gets hot here, but we don't have the humidity or the snow that other states get. So I guess what I'm saying is that we pretty much have decent riding weather all year. So I'm happy with the current weather whatever it is. :Sport:

Ready for cool weather? Move to the UK where there is nothing but Cool weather, and rain! We're desperate for some warm weather here!

I'm near Sacramento, CA. Sure, it gets hot here, but we don't have the humidity or the snow that other states get. So I guess what I'm saying is that we pretty much have decent riding weather all year. So I'm happy with the current weather whatever it is. :Sport:

<BranNwebster> "using high pitch.squeaky.whiny voice" mock /Nick J/ " So I guess what I'm saying is that we pretty much have decent riding weather all year."

Blah blah blah

Only kidding... maybe..... no I'm kidding ....

That is nice and you have a ton of places to go ride as well. Oh did I mention

:Flip:

Yesterday wa the last day of winter in Oz...have been riding all the way through winter, in rain, hail, freezing temperatures, and greasy roads...i say bring on the Heat! Then maybe a few of the Fair weather bikers i know might at least come for a ride with me!

Anyway, if it gets too hot here in Oz, which it does in summer, i still wear my gear, sweat like crazy, and think too myself, that the heat is far better than the cold, as at least i can still ride with confidence, and not have to worry about Black ice on the roads!

:rockon:

Back