Windshield bolt removal?

jeepinoutwest

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me, are there screws that hold the windshield on, meaning no bolt and nothing to loose, or are there nuts and bolts, for which the nuts can fall down inside the fairing (lost) when i try removing my screen? Thanks in advance.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
There are like 5 screws. 2 on each the side and one on the very bottom of the windshield. For the screws on the side, you have to lift up the rubber cover that is at the base of your mirror. These screws are SOFT! So be careful! Don't over tighten!! Get a good screwdriver and keep it at a 90 degree angle. Just hand tighten. I take off my screen to clean it whenever I wash my bike.

It won't fall into your fairing. The only danger is over tightening and stripping the soft heads of the screws.

EDIT: This is for an 06 model. I think your 09 may be different. If anything it'll be easier to remove for your new gen of fazer :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My 07 has 3 screws on each side. The nuts that they go into are basically rubber mounted into the fairing. They won't drop out unless you try really hard to force them out...

Scott

jeepinoutwest

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, my fault for not specifying that i have a second gen FZ6, the one with three bolt on each side. Good to know the nuts wont fall through.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
partimage.gifx