WONDERFUL surprise!

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
It's been a tough couple of weeks for me (maybe I'll post something in the Bar about this....).

Anyway, I took a break from work and came home to catch a nap (I know....I know....how bad can it be when you can sneak out of work for a NAP).

Anyway, I heard a knock at the door.....It was UPS with a BIG BOX for me.

WTF? I'm not expecting anything. I ripped open the box (my name was on it) and BEHOLD (!) A set of PLX 360s. I know that code!! That's the mounting kit for the Givi PLX sidecases for the '07+ FZ6!

It must be from my dad who lives 1500 miles away. He knows I have the Givi topcase and really want the side cases too. I mentioned it to him casually a few months ago and he must have taken notes. Smart guy.

Question.....do I wrap it back up and wait for Christmas (likely his intent) OR do I install them now just to make sure they fit ok? (of course that would be the only reason to install them now, heh heh heh). This would mean I would have to purchase the side cases too.....but I guess I could make this "sacrifice":thumbup:

Photos will follow at some point.

Call you dad...you already know what it is...the surprise is fresh...now's the time he'd probably love to hear from you. :)

Well just install them for now, don't say anything, wait until Christmas or when you see him and just take him to where you have you bike at and thanks dad for a nice suprise...SUPRISEEEE....and then he will love you even more... LOL.:rockon:

That's cool! When you call your Dad ask if he's interested in adopting one more... ;)

Anyway, I took a break from work and came home to catch a nap (I know....I know....how bad can it be when you can sneak out of work for a NAP).

There is NOTHING wrong with taking a nap in the middle of the day! It's part of my daily routine after lunch (it helps that I work from home). I usually have a 12 minute nap with my cat on my lap to keep me warm.

I used to feel like a lazy bum because of that, but I've collected some scientific evidence to justify it. Studies have shown that nappers (especially men in stressful jobs) live longer. It coincides with your body's natural desire to slow down while digesting lunch, and it's better to go with that than fight it. And there was an article in the paper today that said nappers have better memory retention. There is something about that type of sleep that helps memory, and it also seemed to stimulate out-of-the-box thinking. Nappers were better able to piece together a puzzle than non-nappers.

• Intall the luggage.
  • Wrap up the empty boxes and put them under the tree!
  • Come Chritmas day, unwrap the boxes just for effect then run out to your bike and kiss your sidecases!
  • Call your Dad, now and Xmas day. You can try thumping the luggage with your hand while on the phone so he can share your joy!

Install them now, and when Christmas comes around, come visit him with his presents in the sidecases that he bought for you.

Your dad gave the present. Call him and ask him what he wants you to do!

And good luck, the install on that PLX rack is a PITA!!!

Thanks for the responses everyone!

I couldn't wait.... I installed the mounting brackets.

On Friday I ordered the V35 sidecases too and they were delivered YESTERDAY! :cheer: They are AWESOME! Very solid and surprisingly big. I can't wait to tour with these things.

Now for the BAD NEWS. At dawn this morning I managed a short ride with the new bags attached (temps in the 20s F). Then it started to SNOW LIKE MAD and the long range forecast looked bad too. I made the decision to snap a photo, gas up/add stabil, quickly clean/lube the bike and hurry over to my friend's house where I store it for the winter. I made it just as the roads started to get bad. So now my bike is away for the winter :eek:

Here's my last pic of the riding season (with the new bags attached of course). Five minutes later the snow got bad.

IMG_2075.jpg

Thanks for the responses everyone!

I couldn't wait.... I installed the mounting brackets.

On Friday I ordered the V35 sidecases too and they were delivered YESTERDAY! :cheer: They are AWESOME! Very solid and surprisingly big. I can't wait to tour with these things.

IMG_2075.jpg

Looks great! I have the same set-up and love it! Others have commented how those V35 sidecases look like factory cases, they fit so well, and look so sharp, wrapping around the tailpipes in rear. You have a great dad. Merry Christmas!!

Back