WTB FZ1 Bars

Griff1220

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking for a new bar for my 2006 FZ6 and I've heard nothing but good reviews about the FZ1 bars. Does anyone have any for sale or can possibly point me in the direction of where to buy them? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the review can be mixed. I tried them and didn't like the angle as they have to be turned up ever so slightly to avoid the pods hitting the tank and believe me, mine were a hair or two off the tank at full turn (mine's a 2008), maybe with risers it would have been better. Or maybe because I'm not that tall (5'7") and poisitoning was not right.

I'm not sure it's worth selling them to you for the shipping costs....and i paid $36 USD. PM me if you'd like. Some vendors in the US offer free shipping, so that may be a better bet.

LINDYMAC

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm on the other side of the fence, I just installed mine this weekend and I'm absolutely in love with them. I would say you would need risers, I have these crappo ones, but they work really well.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Handle-Bar-Universal-Risers/dp/B005SUVS30/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1390865710&sr=8-2&keywords=motorcycle+risers"]Amazon.com: Motorcycle Handle Bar Universal Risers 7/8": Everything Else[/ame]

I got my bars from PartsShark.com - 44 Dollars shipped - here is the item number

2D1-26111-02-00

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Been using the FZ1 bars for 3 years. Super happy with the position it gives. I also used them with up and back risers for a long trip. These work very well. your wrists will thank you.

part #: 2D1-26111-01-00

You can shop it around. A good price is about $30 plus ship

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
5'10" 32 inseam, FZ1 bars on the rocks (straight up), Great for for me as is. Grind off the nub, drill locater hole and install. They are close to the tank but it's fine for me. Cheap to try too. If you think you need a rise get the FZ6R bars. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/42444-renthal-755-bars-vs-fz1-bars-take-look.html

ronayres.com $35 bucks

IMG_20130420_165225_838WEB_zps6402f25a.jpg~original

DSC_4992FZ1BarsTank.jpg

Griff1220

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for the lack of response! Busy day at work, just got home. Anyways, I'm still looking, also, if anyone has the yamaha handlebar clamp for sale let me know! My fz6 doesn't have one and my bars are bent (appears the previous owner dropped it :(! )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
3uzyte6u.jpg
One thing I can tell you is Naked conversion and FZ1 Bars dont mix.. I got the Fz1 bar from boats.net and it gave such a headache.. after trying every possible way I kept having trouble with the throttle cables... It fitted and look good but it me the throttle get stuck on open.. I tried different way and it made it get stuck if not while turning left all the way or right all the way... For safety issues I will not be using the fz1 bar and someone can have it just for shipping around the US..
It does have more than one hole under the throttle area from me trying different angles..

UPDATE.... Bar has gone to a better home.. THNX

JON

Last edited:

Griff1220

Reaction score
Visit site
3uzyte6u.jpg
One thing I can tell you is Naked conversion and FZ1 Bars dont mix.. I got the Fz1 bar from boats.net and it gave such a headache.. after trying every possible way I kept having trouble with the throttle cables... It fitted and look good but it me the throttle get stuck on open.. I tried different way and it made it get stuck if not while turning left all the way or right all the way... For safety issues I will not be using the fz1 bar and someone can have it just for shipping around the US..
It does have more than one hole under the throttle area from me trying different angles..
JON
Pm'd JON! :thumbup: