WTB: FZ6 or FZ1 handlebars

2over4

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my FZ6, and among the few problems with it are that the handlebar is bent due to the previous owners' girlfriend dropping it. I'm trying to avoid buying a brand new bar, as I'm not certain which angle I really like yet, but want something straight and comfortable while I figure everything out.

So If anyone has an FZ6 or FZ1 (preferably drilled) handlebar lying around they want to get rid of please let me know.

Thanks!

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty sure i've got an FZ6 bar stashed away. You can have it for the cost of shipping. As for the bar, however, I'd recommend renthal bars or maybe the FZ1 bar, depending on how you want to ride.

I ditched the FZ1 bar because the angle was bad for me. The FZ6 bar is okay....but sucks if you do 20k miles per year. For the cost, I think Renthals were $40? at the motorcycle superstore. Better option.

jpgibson

Reaction score
Visit site
I just changed to the FZ1 bar from the FZ6. I didnt actually mind the FZ6 bar but the FZ1 puts more weight on my wrists until I'm doing a bit of speed. So, for me, if just stop start commuting, I would stick with stock, but for a bit more spirited riding, I like the flatter bar better. was a bit disappointed to be honest AND, in Aus it's $116!

2over4

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys, and the offer aclayonb. I ended up going to my local shop to have something with the steering checked out and he had some bars similar to renthals he's going to put on to see if I like. Less sweep and a bit more of a rise which will help with my 35 mile commute I hope. If not I'll have to order something different, probably renthal mediums.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Renthal Road Mediums are what I went with. The brake line 'just' fit. I commute about 100 miles per day, and the ride is way better with the renthals than with the FZ6/FZ1 bars, IMHO.

Only real drawback is the selection of bar end weights for Renthals.