WTB: Madstad 18" Clear Windshield for '07 FZ6

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
The title says it all. Anybody got a Madstad Engineering 18" clear windshield with OEM mounting kit, for a 2007 FZ6, that either got tired of it or sold the bike already? I live in zip code 17601, for mailing purposes.

Alternatively, don't hesitate to give their windshields a comment if you have one you don't want to part with at the moment. I'm 5' 7" tall, and get far more wind noise inside the helmet than I want. Seriously, it's very difficult to listen to music or to the GPS, via my Sena device, at speeds higher than 45 mph.

FWIW, Harley just refined their big bikes a bit via a recent program called the "Rushmore Project". If you look at their windshields as modified by that project, there's just a small (perhaps 2" by 10") vent in the fairing, underneath the center of the windshield. Apparently that small vent pays big dividends in reducing buffeting, noise, etc. Seems to me that the Madstad Engineering brackets achieve a similar effect, by moving the windscreen out & away from the fairing by an inch or so, and that provides a similar effect for the FZ6.