Xbox 360 question!!!!

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I know there have to be some guys on here that know the answer to this question. Does anyone on here have Xbox live? If you do maybe you can help me out.

I play Left 4 Dead about 3 times a week at my house via system link. I have 6cousins that come over and we hook up 4 T.V.s in the living room and four 360s. It is a lot of fun, but none of us have xbox live. So when the new update for the game comes out next month we are going to all use our 48 hour free live pass that came with the game to download it.

The main question is, when i log it into xbox live do i have to search for the extra content download or will it search for it automatically when i put the game in?

D

Deleted member 2349

I think it depends I have seen my 360 give a quick screen prompt and then it downloads updates in the background. But when I downloaded a specific game update I had to go to the marketplace and find the update. I'm thinking the prompt i saw once it said "you have a game that has an update available". But at any rate your probably best to just get onto marketplace and find it.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When you put in the game or power up the console if you are connected it will tell you that this game has an update. It's impossible to miss.

FZ6er_FSR

Reaction score
Visit site
As my friend found out, if an update is available for a game, your XBOX won't even let you play until you've downloaded it.

The update can be downloaded even if you don't subscribe to a Gold account. As long as your XBOX is connected to the internet, the update will be automatic. You would only need to press A to confirm.

The only real difference between a Sliver (free account) and the Gold is that Gold allows you to play online and trade in points to buy stuff. With silver, you can still connect and window shop and download demos.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Once your connected to Xbox LIVE, the network will check for updates for any game that is sitting in your disc tray.

It will happen automatically, and it will ask you if you wish to complete the update.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As has been said, if it's just an update for the game (patch to fix bugs), then it will download as soon as you boot the game up.

If it's an add-on pack... (maps, weapons etc), then you'll need to find it on the marketplace.

Also, as FZ6er_FSR said, you don't need to get Live Gold just for updates, silver will do.

:)

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure everybody gets the update; a player cannot participate EVEN OFFLINE if they don't have the same update version as everybody else.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
They're calling it a "DLC" which requires you to download it outside the game, even though it's free.

I'm not sure how they're going to release it on the 360, but just get online, and the game should auto update, if it doesn't check the market place for L4D downloads.

If there's an update available, games won't let you play unless you download the update, or disconnect from the internet.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Question, I'm sure if I googled I could find out but I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet. I've allways had a live account so I don't know, but if you have a connection to the internet but no account do you still get updates to games and system?

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Question, I'm sure if I googled I could find out but I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet. I've allways had a live account so I don't know, but if you have a connection to the internet but no account do you still get updates to games and system?

Yup, as was said above, A silver (free) account give you the same as the Gold account, except you can't play online with your mates over Live.

:)

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
As my friend found out, if an update is available for a game, your XBOX won't even let you play until you've downloaded it.

The update can be downloaded even if you don't subscribe to a Gold account. As long as your XBOX is connected to the internet, the update will be automatic. You would only need to press A to confirm.

The only real difference between a Sliver (free account) and the Gold is that Gold allows you to play online and trade in points to buy stuff. With silver, you can still connect and window shop and download demos.

Thanks, i never payed attention to the different accounts.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
They're calling it a "DLC" which requires you to download it outside the game, even though it's free.

I'm not sure how they're going to release it on the 360, but just get online, and the game should auto update, if it doesn't check the market place for L4D downloads.

If there's an update available, games won't let you play unless you download the update, or disconnect from the internet.

Will it be hard to find in the marketplace? I have never used live except to jump into a few halo and left 4 dead matches.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Also i just wanted to tell everybody, THANK YOU!!

You guys have been a tremendous help. I have been trying to come up with a way to connect it to the internet and get the download at the same time. But if i can just download it with a silver (free) account, then that makes me feel better.

I was playing a system link match last night and we discussed how we were all going over to one house with 6 xboxs and hooking them up one by one to the internet to get the download.

As you can see we are desperate for it.