Yamaha 1500cc supersport?

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Any one know about this, my coworker was telling me there working on a 1500cc godzilla, something to squash the new Kawasaki ZX-14, does that mean the M1 race bike is going to the recycle bin to make room for a new track monster?

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
True the M1 is a racebike, and the current R1 is a street form of that bike, so it's possible to image 1500cc racebike ala M15! hhhmmmm.... maybe they should do 1599cc then call it the M16 :D, It's possible to build a 1500cc apex machine, yes the ZX-14 & Busa are both high power land missiles but that's what the're built for, Ducati's making 1196cc apex monsters, there's nothing saying that bikes over 1000cc's have to be long, heavy, drive in a straight line, that's just what the mindless masses want...Moarrrrr powwwaaaa, and no helmet. Ahhhh s&!^ forgot what I was gonna say.......

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ooohhh lord's no! that's at the other end of the scale, that's the R15 it has 150cc's, that article has a major typo in the displacement rating.:rolleyes:

Lol. Those tires with 1500cc's behind em? Talk about a smoke show haha. Would you EVER find traction?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They will do it. You should check out the performance of the XJR1300 - and thats only aircooled etc

Mike drags MANY bikes off the lights with it
:D

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
True the M1 is a racebike, and the current R1 is a street form of that bike, so it's possible to image 1500cc racebike ala M15! hhhmmmm.... maybe they should do 1599cc then call it the M16 :D, It's possible to build a 1500cc apex machine, yes the ZX-14 & Busa are both high power land missiles but that's what the're built for, Ducati's making 1196cc apex monsters, there's nothing saying that bikes over 1000cc's have to be long, heavy, drive in a straight line, that's just what the mindless masses want...Moarrrrr powwwaaaa, and no helmet. Ahhhh s&!^ forgot what I was gonna say.......

but there's no race class for a 1500cc carver. for drag racing there is, but GP is 1000cc and WSB is 1000cc so there would be no reason to off the M1 instead of updating it. and ducati's 1199 doesn't have a class so every comparo that's been done has been against actual liter bikes, which should not impress anyone because its a relegation, like FC Barcelona playing against a university team.

RedBear

Reaction score
Visit site
when I paint my bike black maybe it will go faster ::BLAA:

but a 3,6 sec to 100km/h is insanely fast, I only ride a bike for 2 months now,
and i'm already faster than a ferrari 599gto in a straight til 200kms/hr and a lambo gaillardo superleggera.

its like i've found a hack to fast riding without having to buy an 100k+ car :BLAA: