Yamaha Comfort Seat, Wow!

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought this seat to replace my stock seat and all I can say there is a judge difference between this and the stock. Weights considerably more and the seat material is different. It looks very much like a Sagent seat I use to have for my storm. I rode on the seat for approx. 3 hours and no problems. I'll take some pics and post them up latter-

Last edited:

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Nice to hear. I am thinking of changing my seat also. But I dont know if it will be the comfort seat or if I should order a custom made från Top Saddelery :Flash:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it comes down to ergo's. I put 1k miles on mine and it still hurt my behind far worse then the stock seat. I sold it.

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had stock, Sargent, Spencer, and a Bill Myers seat on my previous bike and the best was the Bill Myers. I was very surprised when I opened the box and pulled out the Yamaha seat. I was expecting just a stock seat with some gell padding. It's a completely new seat with different cover. Throw a sheep skin on it and it's comfort is going to be right up there with any custom seat at half the price. I'll take some picks latter today.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I bought a comfort seat found it to be just marginally better then the stock seat but not much. It was ok for short rides but not for a day long ride.

Nappa

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm wondering how much a rider's weight has to do with it.
I only weigh in around 135 - 140, and I don't seem to compress the stock seat's foam very much. I'm looking for something that will have a little more "give" to it, and this is the first time I've heard anything good about the Yamaha Comfort seat. Most don't seem to like it.

bluremi

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got the Top Saddlery seat to replace the stock seat and was able to try it out for two consecutive days, about 7 hours each day. Rode it on long stretches of highway, twisty mountain roads, and bumpy ****ty roads.

A major bonus is that they changed the angle of the seat so it's more horizontal: the stock seat slopes towards the tank and you slide forward and crush your nuts upon hard braking.

The material is also "stickier" so you don't slide around upon acceleration and braking (the default material, anyway, if you are dumb enough to ask for an all carbon-fiber seat that's your mistake).

At first I didn't think it was much more comfortable, but then I changed my sitting position so I was sitting back with my but against the "back-rest ridge" that separates the pillion seat from the driver seat, and it was great. It's wider and supports more of your ass to get rid of the pressure points that start hurting after a long ride. So on Day 1, where I was sitting incorrectly, it hurt as much as the stock, but on Day 2 I finished the 7 hour ride without any discomfort. Love the seat.

PROS
- Looks much better than stock (and Corbin, IMO)
- Not sloped towards tank, neutral sitting position
- Wider seat, removes pressure points
- Stickier, especially if you wear textile pants
- You can customize the look of the seat to a high degree so that it perfectly matches your bike's aesthetic

CONS
- Build quality worse than Corbin (some rubber mounts were actually broken off when I received it and I had to superglue them back on. The locking tab was also mounted on backwards, had to unscrew it and put it back on correctly. This only took a few minutes and now the seat is perfect, though. When I got a Corbin for my EX500 it had an extra plastic tab that had to be removed, so nobody's perfect.)

The stitching is also not perfectly even: it's subtle but the seat is not perfectly symmetrical towards the rear. Other people have noticed this in other threads on this forum, so it's a result of their manufacturing process and not a "lottery defect". It's really not a big deal at all, Corbin just turns out picture perfect seats every time, they look faultless. Too bad the seat they offer for the FZ6 is so ugly.

To sum up, TS makes a great seat. I think the Corbin is slightly better (in terms of quality and comfort) but it's too ugly so I went with TS and am very happy anyway. For reference I am 6' tall, 175lbs.

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have done the Yamaha Comfort seat and did not like it at all. Small improvement from the stock seat. So I bought the Top Saddlery seat and it's awesome. I can ride all day or all week and my butt is great. It's well worth the money. They have some pre made ones that are cheaper than the total custom ones. Bang for the buck is very high. :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
I just got the Top Saddlery seat to replace the stock seat and was able to try it out for two consecutive days, about 7 hours each day.

Did you order your complete with base and all or did you send your base to them? I am thinking of buying everything complete including the base, mayby their built process is better then (I can atleast hope this :Flash: )

bluremi

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you order your complete with base and all or did you send your base to them? I am thinking of buying everything complete including the base, mayby their built process is better then (I can atleast hope this :Flash: )

I didn't send them my base, I bought the whole thing from them.

I think their build process might actually be better if you send them your base, since I'm guessing most people don't do that option and they probably end up building the whole thing by hand. More individual attention usually means better results.

F

FZ6 Naked!

At first I didn't think it was much more comfortable, but then I changed my sitting position so I was sitting back with my but against the "back-rest ridge" that separates the pillion seat from the driver seat, and it was great.

My butt pre-thanks you... I'm going to have to give that position a shot... I find I slide forward quite a bit, but this may give that comfy angle I've been missing.
:thumbup:

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
In the market for a new seat as well.....my butt has been killing me this year from the longer rides (that and the first year of riding excitement is over and cant hide the pain lol) Havent really heard good things about Yamaha CS though. Just ordered sample materials from Top Sallerie about a week ago, so once I get them I'm ganna order my seat from them.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought this seat to replace my stock seat and all I can say there is a judge difference between this and the stock. Weights considerably more and the seat material is different. It looks very much like a Sagent seat I use to have for my storm. I rode on the seat for approx. 3 house and no problems. I'll take some pics and post them up latter-

I got mine new on ebay for $150 and love it, i have put almost 700 miles in a day on it with no probs. big difference, once it is broken in(about 200 miles)i can not see needing a more expensive seat.

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have the comfort seat. I think it has to do with seat position when I wear jeans I tend to sit forward it feels ok. but when I have on my leather suit it forces me to sit back and I can ride 6 hours and it feels like only have been sitting for 1 hour. Also I have to remove my wallet or it hurts like hell after 30 minutes.

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Pic as promised.

CIMG1854.JPG

Are all comfort seats the same? Like I said before this seat is very similar to the Russel seat I had on my DL650. The sheep skin I have on it adds extra comfort. To those looking for the perfect seat, I have yet to discover one that give all day get off the bike and feel like you never sat on a bike. I used at least 5 different seat on previous bikes and while some are better than others I always had a sour ass after 8 plus hours in the seat, some a little sour and others required crutches.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I think you've convinced me! $150 for a comfort seat (or at least $150 ish) and I'll find a black sheepskin type cover for it for my colorado ride.

Now to find a great deal... :)

wicrules

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the Corbin seat last fall and love it. I don't slide forward like I did with the stock seat and I can ride for hours without the pain I had from the stock seat.

I like mine so much I ordered my wife one for her Rebel last week.

Well worth the money!