Need Help Yamaha fz6 2005 cluster display

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's possible that there is corrosion on the printed circuit board. I would disassemble the cluster and clean the PCB with contact cleaner. I would also be on the lookout for a lose solder joint.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not aware of a video, but I know some years ago a member photographed the repair of the instrument cluster...or maybe it was the ECU...but your best bet is to search. I have had mine apart once before. The PCB assembly is easily removed from the housing and from there its a straight inspection.

Reaction score
Visit site
Information on how you got the housing apart without damaging and resealing?
I have had a turn signal indicator go out on mine and have thought about opening up to see if there's anything I can do for it, but it seems that it is either heat sealed or cemented together. There are no screws to remove to open it.
That question asked, I reccomend a product called Deoxit if you can get it where you are. Good for electrical component corrosion cleaning without damaging anything else.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's called "potting" compound, it's basically an epoxy resin. If my memory is correct, the back-side of the PCB assembly is not constrained by potting. If you need to remove/replace an LED, you will have to physically remove the board assembly from the housing face, and then CAREFULLY chip away at the potting to expose the component that needs to be de-soldered. Once the LED is replaced you can replace the potting with any epoxy resin material - however small-batch potting compound is available on Amazon.