Yet another handlebar question

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Few years ago i did a swap and put the FZ1 handlebar. Really liked it at start, but after doing some lessons from the California superbike school, i find it hard to get to the right position on the bike with this handlebars. Main reason is probably my weight (beer belly :p), doesn't allow me to stay comfortable when lowered on the bike. Was thinking of changing them again with something little bit wider and maybe more straight.
Anyone having any similar problem or do you have any good suggestions on this (except loosing weight ofcourse :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I'm misinterpreting your intent but wider and less sweep and you may be laid out over the tank even more creating more back strain....

Strengthen your core.
Planking, situps, curls, and a whiskey neat has way less calories!! :thumbup:
:spank:

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I also installed the FZ1 bars, then moved on after wanting even less wrist angle and a bit more pullback. Your bars you just posted appear to be a great wrist angle IMO. I don't think they provide as much pullback as you'll want, and aren't going to solve your issues with comfort unless you also get a set of risers that pull them back even further. My risers are 1" up and 1.25" back and nearly perfect. Link at the bottom.

The bars I use are on Amazon and come super wide (the black bars in the center of the pic). I had to cut them back a few inches on each side with a tubing cutter. They provide 3" rise and 3" pullback. Great wrist angle, very natural position.
Bikemaster 7/8" Superbike Bar

71kARkzullL._SL1104_.jpg

Here's a link to the risers ( except I use the SS ones which I can't seem to find a link for):
1" up 1.25" bk Handlebar Risers Yamaha FZ1 FZ6 | eBay

Last edited:

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
I also installed the FZ1 bars, then moved on after wanting even less wrist angle and a bit more pullback. Your bars you just posted appear to be a great wrist angle IMO. I don't think they provide as much pullback as you'll want, and aren't going to solve your issues with comfort unless you also get a set of risers that pull them back even further. My risers are 1" up and 1.25" back and nearly perfect. Link at the bottom.

The bars I use are on Amazon and come super wide (the black bars in the center of the pic). I had to cut them back a few inches on each side with a tubing cutter. They provide 3" rise and 3" pullback. Great wrist angle, very natural position.
Bikemaster 7/8" Superbike Bar

View attachment 67641

Here's a link to the risers ( except I use the SS ones which I can't seem to find a link for):
1" up 1.25" bk Handlebar Risers Yamaha FZ1 FZ6 | eBay

Ty very much. i will go and get some handlebars to check them out on the bike this week and see how it goes