Your instrument

sorry for :hijack:

I do play the piano though. I've been playing since I was little. I'll post a pic later!

carry on......

my step dad plays a mean piano what an amazing insrument it is. oh and im learning to play the didgeridoo

I'm going to upload some better shots when I get to work - don't have any instrument shots on this PC, looked everywhere, however this is my multi track recording console Digital workstation.

Notice the dual Avalon preamps at the bottom right. Prized expensive ass gear. Those faders on that board, fly by themselves, pretty trippy to watch mixdowns.

I build all my systems. Making music and recording music are two completely seperate arts for sure. Not cheap if you want to do it right.

More pictures tomorrow of the rest of the studio setup and instruments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Just started guitar lessons 2 weeks ago. I've always wanted to learn but never got around to it. A friend of mine has guitar hero 3 on his Playstation 3 and I kind of got addicted to it. So I thought instead of getting a Playstation why not just get the real thing...

Last edited:
I Just started guitar lessons 2 weeks ago. I've always wanted to learn but never got around to it. A friend of mine has guitar hero 3 on his Playstation 3 and I kind of got addicted to it. So I thought instead of getting a Playstation why not just get the real thing...

lol thats totally were i come from got tired of playing it on a plastic thing and decided id get me a real one lol

I dont play an instrument, but i play lots of tunes that majke people dance & be happy...i am a DJ!

:rockon:

That's awesome - there are many like you.
there has been reports in the industy that have shown since the release of the guitar hero video games - a whole new generation of kids are buying instruments and listening to rock and roll again. record sales of rock have been on the increase finally - and sales of guitars in general are up like 25%

Thank god, I've had enough of 50 cent crap - and hopefully we can look forward to a rebirth of something new creative and REAL for a change. Real musicians. I for one suck at guitar hero - the game and the real thing are like night and day. I've been playing guitar since I was 16. My dad was a recording artist in Europe, so I've grown up around it. My little brother is a ridiculously talented drummer as well. I tried my hand at making it in the record business - and have some credits with studio session time for Snoop Dogg and a couple of artists (namely Kokane who works with Dre and was on the Chronic album) he has under doggystyle records. Its ironic the music I really dislike now (RAP) - was about the closest I got so far to breaking through in the industry.

Keep playing, its an amazing theraputic and productive hobby. :) Could be lucrative if you no someone.

Here's a pic of my guitar....

Hey Chris',

What brand is that - body looks like an old ibanez I used to have, but the headstock and graphics used are not even close. What manufacture is that one?

Thanks brother.

Oh wow! Good question! I can play:

BAGPIPES
Bagpipes-Advice.jpg

GUITAR (Yamaha! Hee hee hee)
Classical_Guitar.jpg

HARMONICA (Yamaha again! He he hee)
468067_8_378.JPG

...and BIGASS drums!

Acoustic guitar for me, mostly playing 1920s style finger picking blues. I've been plunking away on it now and then for 15 years. One would think that if you did ANYTHING for 15 years, you would eventually get good at it, but I've disproven that theory. My approach to playing guitar is:
1. learn a couple of songs through tremendous effort
2. get good at them
3. get bored playing those songs
4. Try to learn a new song, but you're too lazy to really put in the huge effort to master it.
5. Get frustrated.
6. Put it down for about six months or more.
7. Quickly relearn the same songs you knew, impressing yourself with how good they sound.
8. Goto line 3.

I play a Roland V-Drum

40370656_1.jpg

I had an accoustic set while I played in a band, but sold it after we split. This kit is awesome for practicing day & night without bothering anyone. I annoy my neighbours enough already with my Leo's without DB-killers :)

Here's my baby, I don't play it as much as I would like as my son thinks me playing it is an open invitation to stick Hot Wheels down the bell.

ffn.jpg
Me on stage with my Mesa and gear in the background. I'm playing my C1-EX Baritone Schecter. I also Have a Fender Jag-Stang and a Standard Gibson SG. That is me in my avatar. :rockon:

Me on stage with my Mesa and gear in the background. I'm playing my C1-EX Baritone Schecter. I also Have a Fender Jag-Stang and a Standard Gibson SG. That is me in my avatar. :rockon:
Do you have a band? I lived in Tri-Cities for awhile, would I have heard of you?

Back