ZX636 Shock and Forks install

Inventure

Reaction score
Visit site
Gday to all. I have a spare set of ZX636 front forks, triple clamps and also the rear shock with some spare linkages.

Has anyone fitted any of these parts to a FZ6 07/08 before? I'm not so sure I want to go through all the work to do the forks, but was considering swapping the shock out and wondered if anyone had any experience with this particular shock changeover and what was involved. To be honest I havent even had a look at it yet to see if I think it will fit - just putting the question out there.

Bought a damaged FZ6S and am in the process of fixing it up to use for work. (I build ramps and stands, pit benches etc). I'll be changing the bars over to FZ1 bars, and the fairing will be replaced with a 7" round chrome headlight. I need to respray the tank too, which I am considering doing in orange with black striping (seen a bike on here similar). Got rearsets ordered for it as well as the standard are busted and aftermarket will be cheaper. Ohlins steering damper will be going straight on as well. Overall there are a bunch of parts needed but these are just the different from stock ones.

hmmm, looks like custom triple clamps but the front wheel looks the same which is a plus, and the discs are standard FZ6 from what I can see - the ZX discs are wave so def not them.

Any contact details for the owner?

Gday to all. I have a spare set of ZX636 front forks, triple clamps and also the rear shock with some spare linkages.

Has anyone fitted any of these parts to a FZ6 07/08 before? I'm not so sure I want to go through all the work to do the forks, but was considering swapping the shock out and wondered if anyone had any experience with this particular shock changeover and what was involved. To be honest I havent even had a look at it yet to see if I think it will fit - just putting the question out there.

Bought a damaged FZ6S and am in the process of fixing it up to use for work. (I build ramps and stands, pit benches etc). I'll be changing the bars over to FZ1 bars, and the fairing will be replaced with a 7" round chrome headlight. I need to respray the tank too, which I am considering doing in orange with black striping (seen a bike on here similar). Got rearsets ordered for it as well as the standard are busted and aftermarket will be cheaper. Ohlins steering damper will be going straight on as well. Overall there are a bunch of parts needed but these are just the different from stock ones.

People have tried switching out to an R6/R1 rear shock,with not much sucess.
It seems it is over soft as it uses a rising rate linkage,rather than the solid mount that is fitted to the FZ.Not sure if anyone has played about with stiffer springs,but most seem to go the Ohlins rear shock if need be.

Back