§§ mirror adaptors §§

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey people,

Anyone know anything about mirror adaptors for the fz6 s2? I want to change the mirrors on the front fairing ( 2008 fz6s2)
Does any one know where to get mirror adaptors from? I'd like to use an adaptor then find some nice aftermarket mirrors to mount.
Anyone know the bolt sizes that would be needed to make it work? Has anyone added aftermarket mirrors?
Just want to get rid of those antler-like mirrors this year.
And no, im not really intrested in going with bar ends

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Chapin,

Sorry, I don't know the bolt size. But depending on why you are wanting to change the mirrors you might consider a simple swap to use the R6 mirrors.

I changed to the R6 mirrors because the stock mirrors did not give me a good view. I had to twist in the seat to see behind me. With the R6 mirrors I just need to dip my elbow to get a good view.

I also like the appearance better. The R6 mirrors are several inches lower and about an inch wider than the stock versions.

Also, the R6 mirrors simply bolt right into the mounting holes for the stocks. You can find them on Amazon or Ebay for $20 for the pair or you can get better quality with OEM's for about $120 for the pair.

If you're interested I'll try to find a pic I posted in 2013 that showed the bike with one of each of the mirrors.

Chris

digitalfatha

Reaction score
Visit site
I am also thinking to change the OEM mirrors, it's the only ugly part of the front. I have been looking a lot at eBay and I liked none that was ment for fz6. Then i show someone using mirrors meant for r6 and I found a lot of interesting ones. My personal favorite is
Viper ii mirrors. Google them or find them at eBay

Here is a link

It has many colors and also look for other designs from same seller.

What do you think?

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Chapin,

Sorry, I don't know the bolt size. But depending on why you are wanting to change the mirrors you might consider a simple swap to use the R6 mirrors.

I changed to the R6 mirrors because the stock mirrors did not give me a good view. I had to twist in the seat to see behind me. With the R6 mirrors I just need to dip my elbow to get a good view.

I also like the appearance better. The R6 mirrors are several inches lower and about an inch wider than the stock versions.

Also, the R6 mirrors simply bolt right into the mounting holes for the stocks. You can find them on Amazon or Ebay for $20 for the pair or you can get better quality with OEM's for about $120 for the pair.

If you're interested I'll try to find a pic I posted in 2013 that showed the bike with one of each of the mirrors.

Chris

I have heard of people using the r6 mirrors. If you have a picture it would be great. Only reason I want to change the mirrors is to change the look. I don't have any problems seeing with the stock mirrors.

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
I am also thinking to change the OEM mirrors, it's the only ugly part of the front. I have been looking a lot at eBay and I liked none that was ment for fz6. Then i show someone using mirrors meant for r6 and I found a lot of interesting ones. My personal favorite is
Viper ii mirrors. Google them or find them at eBay

Here is a link

It has many colors and also look for other designs from same seller.

What do you think?

Yeah those mirrors look great. If they simply attached to the stock bolt on the fz6 that would be great. Let me know if you find anything else out!

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a picture with the R6 mirror on the right and the stock mirror on the left.

R6 Mirrors.jpg

I prefer that the R6 mirrors extend more "out" than "up."

However you must watch out for issues with clearance with the clutch and brake levers.

Chris