04 FZ6 stalling

Just an update.
Replaced the TPS on my bike a couple of days ago and so far no stalling issue. i am also consuming much lesser gas.. Hope everything is ok now. Thanks for all the input.:thumbup:

Just an update.
Replaced the TPS on my bike a couple of days ago and so far no stalling issue. i am also consuming much lesser gas.. Hope everything is ok now. Thanks for all the input.:thumbup:

Good job and thank you for letting us know! It is important when we all get together and try to figure out what is going on and get feedback on the end result' :)

Just an update.

I have the same issues you described above on my 2004 as well... However my tps was replaced under recall in 2008... Called Yamaha to confirm if there were any issues with the new part with no success... This is my first post and I apologize if it was done incorrectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I have the same issues you described above on my 2004 as well... However my tps was replaced under recall in 2008... Called Yamaha to confirm if there were any issues with the new part with no success... This is my first post and I apologize if it was done incorrectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Have you done the TPS diagnostic? You can read from my first post and the following post by our brothers here and check every possible causes.

The tps was checked by my mechanic at the time and tested within spec:(... I have a feeling that temperature fluctuation during storage over the years caused condensation and subsequent corrosion on electrical components/connections somewhere on the bike... I think she's going to the dealer in a couple weeks to get this matter resolved for good... Hopefully when they check the fault codes what pops up will provide a starting point. I want to keep her as she only has 17500km, is all stock and looks very close to brand new... To boot there are very few bikes that offer a complete package comparable to the fz line...I ride with a buddy with an 11 zx6r and I am never too far behind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back