05 FZ^ - How many miles on a tank ?

getsum

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride the bike almost 95% of time to work (47 miles) each way every day on highway.....
I have been doing this for 2 weeks now. average 72 mph

I have 147 miles on the trip meter right now.
It just dropped to 2 bars as I was coming up to the house.

Is there enough to go to work, or should I fill up in the morning ?

Skeebo

Reaction score
Visit site
I would fill up in the morning if I were you. You'll definitely be able to make it one way, but why risk it? I hate seeing my fuel gauge with less bars then the temp gauge anyways, haha.

kevlarfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Fill it up. I get around 200 miles before the gauge starts blinking. Never took it past 220 miles and was nervous as all doing that. Poorly plan route on my behalf.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I also get about 200 miles before it starts blinking - sometimes a little more but I usually fill up before 200. There's really no point in stressing over running out of gas - there's enough in this world to stress over without worrying about something you can control.

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
200 miles on a tank should be a given since you're most likely keeping the revs down on a commute. Adding my "for what it's worth" opinion....Why not just fill it up on your way??

JustinID

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Visit site
I get a little over 210 before I hit the reserve (blinking light, means about 1 US gallon left). Never hurts to get gas when in doubt though. :)