'08 FZ6 Engine Needed

pfc9211

Reaction score
Visit site
My '08 FZ6 drooped a rod yesterday and I'm looking for a replacement. I know that '06-'08 are compatible, so any serviceable engine would be nice. I live in SW U.S. but willing to pay for shipping if it's right.

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Really hate to hear about your engine! :(
word on the street is the FZ6 engines are bulletproof..

if you don't mind me asking, how many miles on the engine?

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
PM sent! Please let me know

Knew you'd pull through!!! :thumbup:

[MENTION=3172]skooter65[/MENTION] This handy feature is pretty nice!

OP - That's too bad. Any other details you can share about how this came to be? Thanks and Good Luck!

pfc9211

Reaction score
Visit site
Just travelling down the freeway the other day Went to change lanes and go around a car and when I twisted the throttle there was a slight hesitation, like I was out of gas, then BOOM. Nice white cloud of smoke and no engine. Luckily
I was able to coast off the freeway. When I got off the right hand side was completely covered in oil. A closer look at the engine and the case had a 1/2" hole in the right hand front, where the oil U-pipe is mounted. Have not completely taken apart yet, but it looks like the rod bearing gave way. All I have removed is the oil pan and there where a $*#@ load of metal shavings and the lower end of a rod in the pan.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just travelling down the freeway the other day Went to change lanes and go around a car and when I twisted the throttle there was a slight hesitation, like I was out of gas, then BOOM. Nice white cloud of smoke and no engine. Luckily
I was able to coast off the freeway. When I got off the right hand side was completely covered in oil. A closer look at the engine and the case had a 1/2" hole in the right hand front, where the oil U-pipe is mounted. Have not completely taken apart yet, but it looks like the rod bearing gave way. All I have removed is the oil pan and there where a $*#@ load of metal shavings and the lower end of a rod in the pan.

Thats Harsh! Glad You're OK and opting to keep the old girl going. Let us know if you need any info! FSM etc...

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you are in Washington or Oregon it would be worth it to cross over to Vancouver BC to grab this one...only $999CDN.
Im tempted to grab as a spare....but my wife wouldnt agree with a new baby comin' in FEB. Women..lol

2009 Yamaha FZ6 Engine

I have a engine that is out of a 2009 FZ-6. The engine is virtually brand new. There is under 500kms on the motor. I am parting the bike out as it was written off for damage to the fuel tank and exhaust. The motor is mint.

I can send photos to anyone that is seriously interested.
The photos will also show the speedo and its low milage reading.

If you are interested in any other FZ6 parts let me know.

Thanks

Last edited: