$1.89 gas

oz1980

Reaction score
Visit site
here in the uk it works out at $6.10 a gallon! so ive got no simpathy ;) wish i could get petrol for 1.27GBP a gallon

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
here is one thought, gas prices up, people cant afford to drive as much, thus less people on the road, thus less accidents and congestion.... As far as Diesel fuel you guys that don't think there is a lot of demand you obviously haven't traveled the interstate here in the us. There are many more tractor trailers on the road now than there was even 5 years ago.... companies are hiring younger and less experienced so they can pay them less.... Watch out for the fedex tractor trailers that are running tandem... they are crazy young and crazy dangerous! Turned one in this past spring was doing 70 in a 65 in crazy wind and that second trailer was whipping pretty good, I have no clue how he didn't take out any cars..... as far as price see it anywhere from $2.22-$2.49 Central NY. Sherburne - Cortland..... O and fuel prices overseas have always been much higher than here......

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well today it happened and i never thought i'd ever see it again , 89.9 cents/litre hear in Brisbane :cheer: :cheer: :thumbup: I would never have picked that 12 months ago fuel would ever be under 90 cents again .......:steve::steve::wav:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
when i was in bermuda, it was $2.10 a Litre... ouch.. i think thats like $8 or something... here it is about $1.70's .... i saw $1.77 yesterday and directly across the street it was $1.89... idiots...

CodeMonkey

Reaction score
Visit site
$1.69 here for 100% fuel, $1.49 for the cheap stuff.

Cheapest I've seen (using gasbuddy.com) is in Independence, Missouri at $1.34 a gallon.

I thought for sure the price of gas was going to go up before Thanksgiving.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Lucky for you guys, no wonder you can afford to go on great journeys...your fuel is so cheap its almost criminal.

We're paying 1.35 dollars per L...so thats 5.13 per US gallon. (thats for 95 octane)

If I hear you guys complain I'm going to smack you. :spank: :Flip: :D

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Lucky for you guys, no wonder you can afford to go on great journeys...your fuel is so cheap its almost criminal.

We're paying 1.35 dollars per L...so thats 5.13 per US gallon. (thats for 95 octane)

If I hear you guys complain I'm going to smack you. :spank: :Flip: :D

Part of the difference is the size of the country. Most of the 50 states are larger than most European countries. Many people drive over 100 miles a day just commuting to and from work. My tank of gas lasts a week going to and from work. Many people in Europe fill up once a month.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
here its 1.69 to 1.75 for regular. But diesel is 2.89 , something isnt right about that..

well.. besides the new sulfer restrictions, china was buying up tons of diesel for their coal fired power plants (if they ran out of coal, they can burn diesel) as a just in case for the olympics. that really helped raise the price of diesil. but then after the olympics the price should have came down. however, the price of crude finally dropped after the olympics and now that gas prices are down to $2-$3 a gallon, the oil companies need to make up those awsome profits somewhere else. since people started using less gas (due to $4.50 a gallon) and are still using less (due to economic downturn) the oil companies keep the price of diesel inflated because they need money and the truckers are the only ones that havent had a huge decrease in the use of diesel. gotta make up the money somewhere right :thumbup:

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I drive 25,000 a year just for work... 2008 xb leased Aug 5th 2007 current mileage is 34,440........ o 08fz6 mileage is 6,XXX. that was in 3.5 months.... so if i put that on the xb instead I would be at over 40,000 right now..... basically leased so that way i can save and buy it out when the lease is up, will be much less interest....