100 mile ride today

Reaction score
www.manpcc.com
OK, after now having the FZ6 for a little over a month, it was time for the experiment. I would take my furthest ride today and see how it felt. Being the old guy and coming off a comfy Suzuki Cavalcade, I wondered how an extended ride in the saddle of my Fazer would treat this 55 year old body. I planned to circumnavigate Southern Lancaster County here in PA and maybe do a 60-70 mile ride. Well, after riding the planned distance to the turn around point, I had already covered 50 miles and it would be another 30 to reach home. I felt great. The suspension on the FZ6 was especially excellant on the rough and choppy and off kilter cambers of River Road. So, it came to me - what the heck, "I'm going to ride 100 miles and see how that feels". One hundred and one miles later, I rolled back into my driveway and time for the analysis. SUCCESS! The experiment made my day now knowing that I can travel with my Yamaha if I should choose to. She's a wonderful machine.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What do mean old guy? I resemble that remark!:D
I've done a 175 day so far and can't wait to double that, hopefully on Monday.
It's funny, once I climb aboard the bike I forget how old I actually am...

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good for you. That's great. Do you have the stock seat? How about the handle bars are they stock also? Those are the two things most people change for comfort on long hauls. I have the FZ1 bars and Top Sellerie seat and can go all day with breaks of course. Glad you enjoy your FZ they are great motorcycles. :rockon:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Wusies:BLAA: Just kidding:D
I'm 64 and did 170 miles yesterday and 255 last Saturday and could still walk after I got home:rolleyes:
After you get the seat broke in its not to bad, still get a little monkey butt after about 200 miles but not bad enough to stop:rockon:

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wusies:BLAA: Just kidding:D
I'm 64 and did 170 miles yesterday and 255 last Saturday and could still walk after I got home:rolleyes:
After you get the seat broke in its not to bad, still get a little monkey butt after about 200 miles but not bad enough to stop:rockon:

Jerry

Now wait a minute! How can you get 'Monkey Butt' :spank: when you already have a 'Monkey Butt' ? :spank: :rof::rof:

Good for you you Freaky Kingfisher! :rockon: Your body also adapts to riding. I'm 60 and on an R1 now and ride it as far as my FZ6 when I had it. At first it was hard and then I learned tricks and my body adapted.

Oh by the way Jerry is also a fast 64 year old! :rockon:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Now wait a minute! How can you get 'Monkey Butt' :spank: when you already have a 'Monkey Butt' ? :spank: :rof::rof:

Good for you you Freaky Kingfisher! :rockon: Your body also adapts to riding. I'm 60 and on an R1 now and ride it as far as my FZ6 when I had it. At first it was hard and then I learned tricks and my body adapted.

Oh by the way Jerry is also a fast 64 year old! :rockon:

Thanks and quit looking at my monkey butt:BLAA:

Jerry

jeffanitam

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 63 and have had my fz6 since November. I also have a GW & a HD but have ridden the Frazer 5 to one since I got it. The last 2 weekend I rode the Frazer over 200 miles each. It's still to cool to get monkey butt, but I'm still trying. I like the looks I get when this old fart gets off and takes my helmet off, like that old man is nuts. And you know what, I am! I went form Sicly to Rome, through the mountains in Novmber on a Honda cbf600 and it made me go out and buy the Frazer.
Going on motorcycle tour of the Alps in June. If I wait any longer I'll have to ride Hover-around. Remember, take good care of yourself and you'll present a an excellent corpse.

oregonative56

Reaction score
Visit site
It's great to see that not all 6 riders are 20-30 somethings.I'm 53 and just bought mine last month.The weather has hindered many long rides, but I did get in a 90 miler a couple Sundays ago. This weekend the weather is supposed to be great, so I'm hoping to log some serious miles. Just have to decide where to go next.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
150 miles is the most I've done in a day, and it hurt pretty bad, and I'm the youngest guy on this thread so far (50) but what hurts me is my body length (6'5") more than my age.
I like to sit on the pillion to stretch my legs on a long trip, but the 150-miler had all my camping gear on the pillion, so no dice.